Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

may be moving away from the brand

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012 | 10:22 PM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

and borrowing my way out of debt??
ill owe less on the ducati when all said and done then i did on my harley

Old 01-21-2012 | 10:25 PM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Smokengun
Hoblick, I meant nothing by it. I was just stating that if all your ducks (financially) are in a row, then do whatever makes you happy. I was just thinking me personally would make sure the biz comes first before buying a new bike. But you also mentioned in your response to me that it'll actually be cheaper if you went with the new Ducati, so that's cool. Sounds like you do have it all mapped out. No biggie. Was just expressing my 2 cents. In general to all, in life we all should be entitled to the things we want out of life. As long as we live within our means so be it. There shouldn't be anything (or anyone for that matter) to tell us yes or no as long as it doesn't break our pocketbooks. LOL!! That's all. So again, sounds like you have it all in check so two thumbs up. Go for whatever.
no offense taken. I do have my ducks in a row. everything is ready to rock for my business. just waiting on my LLC to get back to me and things will start progressing forward.

and im pretty excited about moving on to the multistrada

Old 01-21-2012 | 10:36 PM
Smokengun
Tourer

Originally Posted by Hoblick
no offense taken. I do have my ducks in a row. everything is ready to rock for my business. just waiting on my LLC to get back to me and things will start progressing forward.

and im pretty excited about moving on to the multistrada
Sounds pretty sweet sir. Best of luck to ya on the new biz. And as far as the bike goes, I say do whatever gives you that "YEAH" feeling.

Old 01-21-2012 | 10:38 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member

"MultiCrapa" American contents 0% That's laughable! Good luck.

Old 01-21-2012 | 10:56 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
Same ole story. Did ride a sport bike, bought a Harley, want to go back to a sport bike or some other foreign touring bike. You can't fight it. There will always be that little hole in your soul that is in the shape of a Harley. You can put it off, you can resist it, but you cannot defeat it. It will always, always be there. Whenever you see us passing on the road, it will surface. Whenever you see the HD tee's on the babes, it will surface. When you hear about Rolling Thunder each year, it will eat you alive. When you see documentaries on Sturgis you will tear out your hair. Go ahead, sell the Glide. Do what you have to do. But you know in your heart what you really want to ride. Ride safe!
well said. I paid cash for my Harley and my wife and I wouldnt be seen on anything else even if it was given to us. It's not just the awesome vtwin rumble, it's the friendship, comaraderie and the rides! My wife just asked what Im posting about? I said some guys selling his Harley for a Ducati, she replies shocked "why would he do that!!!? your SG is awesome, I would take it over any Ducati a million times out of a million. just sayin, go join the Ducati forum.. enjoy, it's all about the ride

Old 01-21-2012 | 11:27 PM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
"MultiCrapa" American contents 0% That's laughable! Good luck.
your laughable.. buying any new bike is supporting the american ecomnomy. the dealerships are owned by americans, my purchase puts money in the owner and salesmans pocket.

i could care less where the parts come from as long as its built well and is enjoyable to ride.

your what i would consider "one of those guys"

like many have said before in this thread, doesnt matter what ya ride as long as you ride. you obvisouly dont get that and ride for the wrong reasons.

you like your harley great, glad you find a bike that suits your needs, but you shouldnt disrespect anyone else cause they have different wants or needs from a bike, and it isnt what you like. doesnt matter what they are on, as long as they are enjoying themself.

Old 01-21-2012 | 11:29 PM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bmaier
well said. I paid cash for my Harley and my wife and I wouldnt be seen on anything else even if it was given to us. It's not just the awesome vtwin rumble, it's the friendship, comaraderie and the rides! My wife just asked what Im posting about? I said some guys selling his Harley for a Ducati, she replies shocked "why would he do that!!!? your SG is awesome, I would take it over any Ducati a million times out of a million. just sayin, go join the Ducati forum.. enjoy, it's all about the ride

my wife enjoyed the harley but was also ready for something that we can have a little more fun on. she misses the handling of a more modernized light weight bike like our Honda VFR we had. she may be more excited about getting the ducati than me.. Thats why i love her, she is always ready to ride and have fun, she enjoys bikes and every aspect of them.

Old 01-21-2012 | 11:55 PM
EAGLE SE III
Stage I

With all due respect, I just looked at a photo of the Ducati, that is one weird looking bike, just the riding position, don't seem to confi !!!

Old 01-22-2012 | 12:14 AM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by EAGLE SE III
With all due respect, I just looked at a photo of the Ducati, that is one weird looking bike, just the riding position, don't seem to confi !!!
youd be surpised!

Old 01-22-2012 | 12:26 AM
paddyh
Advanced

Originally Posted by SunCruise
Sounds like you need TWO bikes....One for two-up touring and one for twisty racing adrenaline. What does she want?
SC
It's for that exact reason I have the 2011 RKC and a keep a 2001 BMW K1200RS.

Quick Reply: may be moving away from the brand