Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

may be moving away from the brand

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012 | 11:58 AM
Smokengun
Tourer

Ok my 2 cents. I don't know your money situation other than what was said in here. But if your SG is paid for and you're starting a business keep what you have. You're going to start the biz which takes a ton of money, then you're going to get a new bike (financed) adding more cost to your life? I personally think getting that business going would be more important than what bike to buy. I say keep what you got (cause it's still A ride), and use your money on gettin that biz going. That's awesome to me to get your own biz. But if all is well in the land of money and such, do what makes you happy within your means I say. Best of luck with it.

Last edited by Smokengun; 01-21-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-21-2012 | 01:00 PM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

i still owe on the SG
and i have budgeted for the payment so i have no issues paying a bike payment and still starting my business

the Duc will be a lower payment than what my SG is so financially ill be even better.

but what does my finances have to do with this?

Old 01-21-2012 | 03:35 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hoblick
i still owe on the SG
and i have budgeted for the payment so i have no issues paying a bike payment and still starting my business

the Duc will be a lower payment than what my SG is so financially ill be even better.

but what does my finances have to do with this?
You brought it up so others are commenting on that. Don't want people commenting about things, then don't bring 'em up.

Old 01-21-2012 | 04:00 PM
Smokengun
Tourer

Hoblick, I meant nothing by it. I was just stating that if all your ducks (financially) are in a row, then do whatever makes you happy. I was just thinking me personally would make sure the biz comes first before buying a new bike. But you also mentioned in your response to me that it'll actually be cheaper if you went with the new Ducati, so that's cool. Sounds like you do have it all mapped out. No biggie. Was just expressing my 2 cents. In general to all, in life we all should be entitled to the things we want out of life. As long as we live within our means so be it. There shouldn't be anything (or anyone for that matter) to tell us yes or no as long as it doesn't break our pocketbooks. LOL!! That's all. So again, sounds like you have it all in check so two thumbs up. Go for whatever.

Last edited by Smokengun; 01-21-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-21-2012 | 04:15 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member

Does not compute. Good luck!

Old 01-21-2012 | 06:51 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
Does not compute. Good luck!
you mean going in more debt to get out of debt does not compute LOL.

Old 01-21-2012 | 07:21 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hoblick
my SG was my first harley, will it be my last? im not sure

i had alot of fun modifying it, it was a great long hauler
it turned lots of heads, it also drained my wallet lol

i thought this was gonna be the bike for me and my wife to travel on, and it would be a keeper. Im not sure thats the case though.

i came from sport bikes, and love riding at the track.
im a sucker for tight corners and curvy roads..
i threw the SG around as much as i could, dragging parts and wearing my self out.

im tired of trying to throw around a 900lb bike and not feeling that adrenaline like i used to on a sport touring bike.

so i may be making the move away from Harley.
i have my eyes set on a new Ducati Multistrada 1200 Touring, 462lb and 150hp

ill probably still pop in on the forum, i enjoy reading everyones comments, and also like to help the community with any info i have.
C---Ya! Enjoy Your New mmmm Bike!

Old 01-21-2012 | 07:42 PM
albngore
Road Master

Why not a Hayabusa? You could kill yourself much faster with one.

Old 01-21-2012 | 07:50 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Exclamation

Originally Posted by mtclassic
you mean going in more debt to get out of debt does not compute LOL.
Obama types may like it, but I have never found the way to borrow your way out of debt.
Not meaning to rant; as some say, whatever rings your bell!
But as for me, I am going to drive American, ride American,
I Am American.
My Dad retired as a United Steelworker, that encouraged our family to buy American when possible, and it stuck with me. You can pick at how much is outsourced, but how do we benefit at all when we buy something wholly made overseas? These facts weigh heavy with me when I consider my rides. For me, I want to support the American Worker when I can, have pledged to support the Union when I can, and enjoy some quality American Craftsmanship that I can attest to their quality without compromise. And I can ride with pride!

Old 01-21-2012 | 10:21 PM
Hoblick
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
Obama types may like it, but I have never found the way to borrow your way out of debt.
Not meaning to rant; as some say, whatever rings your bell!
But as for me, I am going to drive American, ride American,
I Am American.
My Dad retired as a United Steelworker, that encouraged our family to buy American when possible, and it stuck with me. You can pick at how much is outsourced, but how do we benefit at all when we buy something wholly made overseas? These facts weigh heavy with me when I consider my rides. For me, I want to support the American Worker when I can, have pledged to support the Union when I can, and enjoy some quality American Craftsmanship that I can attest to their quality without compromise. And I can ride with pride!
built in america with parts from taiwan, china, japan, mexico

nothing against harleys at all, but i hate when people say its an American made bike. its not, its assembled in america

i work at a honda plant in marysville OH. the "jap" cars we build have more american parts on them than a harley does. most of our suppliers are from the US.

so this whole im american so i buy american stuff is laughable when you talk about a harley

Quick Reply: may be moving away from the brand