Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

may be moving away from the brand

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012 | 10:21 AM
BAGGERONABUDGET
Tourer

So you want to open a business and use the couple Gs you have towards that so you cant buy a used street bike, but can afford to go in debt $20k?

Just doenst make much sense.

Let me save my cash but Im going to a Ducati dealer and signing for a $20k+ bike.(at least from what ducatis site says)

Good luck I guess.

Old 01-20-2012 | 10:31 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member

That is one ugly Fking bike

Old 01-20-2012 | 10:35 AM
djbiker
Road Warrior

If SHE wants comfort Keep the Harley! If YOU want speed and cornering, get what you want. If you BOTH want to be happy, Keep the Harley and pick up a USED sportbike. A used R1 or any other crotch rocket would be what to add. You don't have to break the bank to get a corner monster, just get a used one for $2K-$3k. Not too much money, and you get the best of both worlds.

Old 01-20-2012 | 10:45 AM
TVagee
Cruiser

Hey Hoplick if you sell your Harley and get the Ducatti your gonna have to repaint you nice garage too, lol. Gonna have to get rid of the orange stripe for some green and red ones.

Old 01-20-2012 | 11:05 AM
dstrat1
Cruiser

Hey its his money, and this is america, that being said, a good friend of mine had 6 ducatis...most of them always needed expensive maintenance, and did not run..when they did they were great, very impressive.....The rest of the guys at the track would just change the oil and tires on their honda yam suz or kaw and keep racing...In my opinion one aspect of performance is always reliability...if it is really fast, or trick, but does not run, you are still last...Italian motor vehicles have always had a problem with this...My harley or sportbike never left me on the edge of the road...But if I had the money and someone else did the maintenance,,,,It sure looks like a sweet ride

Old 01-20-2012 | 12:43 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
From: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians

It's going to cost him more than the cost of that EYE-talion bike..... he's gonna lose half of his chit when his wife leaves him for someone with nads, and a Harley.

Just kidding about the Harley

Old 01-20-2012 | 01:26 PM
Whiskersvtwin
Cruiser

It may have been suggested already.. but.. give her the SG and you can get your Duc.

Old 01-20-2012 | 01:49 PM
JoeTag
Road Captain

Good luck with whatever you decide. If you go I hope to see you back one day.

Old 01-21-2012 | 11:29 AM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior

If it's feasible, keep both types of bikes. Presumably you don't 'toss' a bike around with your wife on the back. Can't imagine that would be much fun with the extra 100 or so pounds). Ride the Harley when you're with the Little Lady...and the Ducati (or other) when you're solo.

It took me a long time to be 'done' with sport-bikes. I had one in tandem with my Harley for quite a few years. Finally, I got to the age where aggressive riding didn't feel good anymore, least to me. Every time I got home, I thanked God I'd either not gotten a huge ticket...or killed myself.

Since you obviously have a desire for a touring bike (else you wouldn't have gotten it in the first place), and don't seem to be 'done' with sport-bikes...if you guys can swing it, get one of each.

Alan

Old 01-21-2012 | 11:35 AM
djl
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Community Team

Bye Bye!

Quick Reply: may be moving away from the brand