Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metal Arts Horn Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 11:50 AM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Metal Arts Horn Question

I bought a dual trumpet with flames cover this past summer. Yes, it took forever for them to ship it but looks awesome. Question, seems like it is not as loud as when I first got it. Can't tell if its just my mind playing games with me. Obviousy, thankfully, don't have to use it too ofter. Any thoughts

Old 01-18-2012, 12:03 PM
SugsPa
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 56 Posts

I have one like that on my bike that works great. Listen to see if you can hear tumphets one at a time when you hit the horn button. I can on mine sometimes. Also, if you didn't put the chrome trumphet covers on, you might have gotten something in one of the trumphets (bug, rock., etc.)blocking the sound.

SugsPa

Old 01-18-2012, 12:11 PM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brandss
I bought a dual trumpet with flames cover this past summer. Yes, it took forever for them to ship it but looks awesome. Question, seems like it is not as loud as when I first got it. Can't tell if its just my mind playing games with me. Obviousy, thankfully, don't have to use it too ofter. Any thoughts

I don't know about your horns but I have the Howards horns and I have to take them apart once or twice a year and clean them when I hear the sound start to change.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:26 PM
TNCarters
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

If they have plastic air tubing between the pump and horn be sure it has not formed any constrictions to air flow over time. Saw a Youtube video of a guy that bought one used and this was the primary issue with it.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered an air horn from them on NOV 7 of last year... It still hasn't shipped, they don't answer e-mails, don't answer their phone, and have returned one out of several phone calls. They STILL will NOT provide a shipping date for this stupid horn, and I'm still waiting.

I would never do business with this outfit again. Worst customer service I have ever experienced ANYWHERE...

Old 01-18-2012, 09:13 PM
brandss
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthGeorgiaHawg
I ordered an air horn from them on NOV 7 of last year... It still hasn't shipped, they don't answer e-mails, don't answer their phone, and have returned one out of several phone calls. They STILL will NOT provide a shipping date for this stupid horn, and I'm still waiting.

I would never do business with this outfit again. Worst customer service I have ever experienced ANYWHERE...
North Georgia
I feel your pain. I got so pissed with them. On one hand I wanted the horn and didn't want to **** them off, on the other, I thought I'd never get the horns or my money back. Finally arrived way late.

I can't understand how a company that sells to riders doesn't read a few of these threads and fix something. Guess they don't care. Won't order from them again

Old 01-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Skygoose
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Biggest waste of money I have ever spent for my 2004 FLHTPI. Had to lean on the horn one day to blast a jerk who cut me off and the horn gave off a weak note and then died completely. Checked it on my return home and discovered the motor had shorted out and the insulation on the wiring had melted. Took the POS off and put my stock horn back on (after rewiring). Never again.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:43 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I just received notice that my horn is truly in transit via the USPS. Prior to that I had the same experience as the rest of you. Only way I could get him to call me was to really insult him via email or voice mail. Each time he promised that he had shipped the horn. At one point he got me a tracking number but the status remained "info received" for more than a week. The other night I left such an obnoxious voicemail that he finally called me and almost instantly my USPS shipping status began to show actual receipt of goods. I sure hope it's worth the wait and it lasts because I don't hold out much hope for warranty service.
To Les, how can you expect anyone to recommend your products when you treat us so poorly? A nice piece of custom chrome on a bike is it's own selling feature. That is until the owner tells people not to buy because of the above stated reasons.
Thanks for listening.

Old 01-19-2012, 03:43 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I have owned Rivco's - they have never given me an ounce of trouble.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:12 PM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,725 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Wont buy Metal Arts. Had 2 where the bike vibration broke one or the other trumpet after a few months.

Quick Reply: Metal Arts Horn Question