Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eastern Performance saddlebags?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 01:24 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The left side has been fine. The Right side however bowed over night.

I personally wouldn't recommend them. The price of the bags straight from HD painted aren't that much more. Unfortunately brilliant silver pearl and the White pearl aren't options.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:44 PM
BIGVTWIN
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SDVmnt

I personally wouldn't recommend them. The price of the bags straight from HD painted aren't that much more. Unfortunately brilliant silver pearl and the White pearl aren't options.
What he said. Better to by oem.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:10 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

THANK YOU very much for the advice guys. I guess unfortunately there is some truth to "you get what you pay for". Top Shop bags are almost $900 (no paint but carpet installed) and color matched Vivid Black HD bags are $1300.

Now I need to work on a connection somewhere and see where I can get a discount on HD parts!! This isn't as easy as I thought.

Last edited by RaceFace; 03-18-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:17 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master

www.lshd1.com That or surdykes If I recall the painted lowers ran 1050. No tax and free shipping. Well worth it IMO!

Old 03-18-2012, 07:20 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master

Also.. I believe Top Shop bags can be had for 750. If you're going for the CVO bag look however, I'd stick with stock. We're heading over to Mitchell in a couple weeks to check out Top Shop in person. I think the squared out 3" stretch bags would look better on the Classic than the CVO style.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:43 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Also.. I believe Top Shop bags can be had for 750. If you're going for the CVO bag look however, I'd stick with stock. We're heading over to Mitchell in a couple weeks to check out Top Shop in person. I think the squared out 3" stretch bags would look better on the Classic than the CVO style.
I was actually looking at Top Shop "S" curve CVO style and the cheapest I can get is $870. Do you know somewhere that handles Top Shop for cheaper?

Painted through LSHD1 is $1089 and up to 6-8 weeks delivery for painted parts. UUUGGGGGG!!

Old 03-18-2012, 08:06 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master

Call them and mention HDforums.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:14 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have had my ebay ABS bags on my bike a week or two to mock it up. I got out a straight edge & held it up to my original fiberglass bags and the ABS ones and I don't notice that much difference between the two. Could it be the painting process is effecting the ABS? Chemical reaction or heat from curing lamps? Anway's I pulled out a 20% off parts coupon at the dealer for a St. Paddys promotion. Almost pulled the trigger on a set of painted MOCO CVO bags.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:30 PM
BIGVTWIN
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had mine mocked up and the fit was great. Painted and yes I baked them and the fit is horrible! This was over night not weeks.
I believe that baking these bags caused them to bow.. However I have done over a hundred Harley bag both stretched and standard and never a problem.
Go figure...

Old 03-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Bigdave12768
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaceFace
I was actually looking at Top Shop "S" curve CVO style and the cheapest I can get is $870. Do you know somewhere that handles Top Shop for cheaper?

Painted through LSHD1 is $1089 and up to 6-8 weeks delivery for painted parts. UUUGGGGGG!!

I agree call them and mention this forum. I got a set of 3 inch new styles for $750 about 5 months ago. Also shipping free at Top Shop

As for other bags on ebay and such that are ABS keep in mind you get what you pay for. Those are not ready for paint and you will pay more in prep than you will with a set of Top Shops. Fiberglass can be repaired with out fear of a line popping up down the road under paint

Last edited by Bigdave12768; 03-19-2012 at 01:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Eastern Performance saddlebags?