Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eastern Performance saddlebags?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 03:33 PM
62hdbiker
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Eastern Peformance is about 30 miles from me, so I go there alot. They are TOP NOTCH company.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SDVmnt
Ordered mine monday and they shipped that day. Will be here tomorrow. Paint is going to run 350 but its a pearl so thats more expensive. Hopefully he can match the pearl. I have a fear of it not looking the same..
Waiting to hear about the quality. If all's good going order to bags & lids. Found these fender fillers. They should look good with the bags.

Attached Thumbnails Eastern Performance saddlebags?-kgrhqf-gse7-l57fw0bo7obtdmzq-60_12.jpg  

Last edited by DanDman; 01-20-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:51 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bags are here! Strong and thick as stock bags. Id be willing to bet you couldnt tell the difference between these and CVO bags. I cant find a single issue with them and very happy with my purchase!

Of course they had to throw the token made in taiwan sticker on the bottom. Already removed :-)

Old 01-20-2012, 09:01 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Subscribed. I want to see some pics.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:23 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SDVmnt
Bags are here! Strong and thick as stock bags. Id be willing to bet you couldnt tell the difference between these and CVO bags. I cant find a single issue with them and very happy with my purchase!

Of course they had to throw the token made in taiwan sticker on the bottom. Already removed :-)
How was the quality of the paint? Good match?

Old 01-20-2012, 09:57 PM
SDVmnt
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't had them painted yet. Have to drop them off at the painter next week. I'll get pics posted up soon. Honestly though. They're no different than factory bags. Not going to try the top shop bounce test but they would hold at 210 lbs I'm sure of it!

Old 01-21-2012, 12:23 AM
DanDman
Road Warrior

As anybody had Eastern paint any parts?

Old 01-22-2012, 03:56 PM
jwork101
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I am one of the "other" sellers on eBay (streetbob325) selling those bags. They do come from Vtwin and they are great quality. I sell a handful of popular bagged parts that I have used in my own shop working on guys bikes locally. I've used the old fiberglass bags, top shop and bad dad that I have bought or customers have brought in. For the value I think these are the best and I really believe that. I have not seen a set of bags that fits as well out of the box. Any questions let me know, years ago before everyone wanted or had these you had to do a LOT of work to get hardware to latch right, line up on the bike, bla bla and they cost an arm and a leg. Now they are priced great and not trashy bags. Just saw the post and figured I'd chime in.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:19 PM
DanDman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by jwork101
Hey guys I am one of the "other" sellers on eBay (streetbob325) selling those bags. They do come from Vtwin and they are great quality. I sell a handful of popular bagged parts that I have used in my own shop working on guys bikes locally. I've used the old fiberglass bags, top shop and bad dad that I have bought or customers have brought in. For the value I think these are the best and I really believe that. I have not seen a set of bags that fits as well out of the box. Any questions let me know, years ago before everyone wanted or had these you had to do a LOT of work to get hardware to latch right, line up on the bike, bla bla and they cost an arm and a leg. Now they are priced great and not trashy bags. Just saw the post and figured I'd chime in.
Do you offer the bags painted? I'm looking for set already painted. I haven't found a local painter that doesn't charge a arm & a leg.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:46 PM
jwork101
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on the color but my local guy who does all the paint for the bikes I work on is between 250 and 400 a set. Kind of depends on the color and what else I'm dropping off. Last month I had two guys wanting drop bags both vivid black so I got em done 250. Only bitch is shipping them, but I'm sure we can figure that out, some bubblewrap maybe.

Quick Reply: Eastern Performance saddlebags?