Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked Up My SE 120R...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 07:09 AM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by thepun1sher
Ive been looking to get one of the 120's but alot of write ups are saying that they are cheaply made and they are coming apart after about 5000 miles
Seriously?? Post the write ups I'd love to read them.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:42 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

The last of my parts have arrived, SE Clutch and Jagg Oil Cooler. I just need to pick up some Loctite, then off to my buddy's garage to begin the install of the 120R. I post an update and pics tonight. I was able to get a "canned" map from Dynojet for my PCV, which should get me close until I can get to my tuner. I'm hoping to get it up & running within 6 hours.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:21 AM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aviscomi
The last of my parts have arrived, SE Clutch and Jagg Oil Cooler. I just need to pick up some Loctite, then off to my buddy's garage to begin the install of the 120R. I post an update and pics tonight. I was able to get a "canned" map from Dynojet for my PCV, which should get me close until I can get to my tuner. I'm hoping to get it up & running within 6 hours.
Best of luck, Tony...keep us posted!

Steve

Old 02-04-2012, 04:40 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Default 120R Mounted

I got the 120R mounted today, primary and SE Clutch installed. One issue is that I was hoping to use the AIMS VPC that I purchased with the SE Clutch Kit, but it doesn't look like it will work. If anyone knows anything about this combo please chime in. I may start another thread and ask that question.

Attached Thumbnails Picked Up My SE 120R...-seclutch.jpg   Picked Up My SE 120R...-rightside.jpg   Picked Up My SE 120R...-leftside.jpg  
Old 02-05-2012, 08:15 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

Got it running today but the SE Clutch kit is a piece of ****. Giong to use the SE plates /stock basket along wth AIMS VPC and SE Clutch spring. Seems like the pressure plate that came with the SE kit is f'ed up. The clutch pull was next to impossible. On a good note, the Dragula exhaust looks & sound awesome. Also, the "canned" map from Dynojet seemed to get me pretty close, but obviously I intendd on getting it tuned. Couldn't get a good run in due to the clutch slippage.

Old 02-05-2012, 09:52 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I got the 120R mounted today, primary and SE Clutch installed. One issue is that I was hoping to use the AIMS VPC that I purchased with the SE Clutch Kit, but it doesn't look like it will work. If anyone knows anything about this combo please chime in. I may start another thread and ask that question.
Forgive me for sounding like a moron but what is AIMS VPC?

Old 02-06-2012, 12:12 AM
NorCalFBLO
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Variable Pressure Clutch, see their website:
http://www.aim-tamachi.com/home.php?cat=3

Last edited by NorCalFBLO; 02-06-2012 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:35 AM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got it running today but the SE Clutch kit is a piece of ****. Giong to use the SE plates /stock basket along wth AIMS VPC and SE Clutch spring. Seems like the pressure plate that came with the SE kit is f'ed up. The clutch pull was next to impossible. On a good note, the Dragula exhaust looks & sound awesome. Also, the "canned" map from Dynojet seemed to get me pretty close, but obviously I intendd on getting it tuned. Couldn't get a good run in due to the clutch slippage.
Congrats Tony! Sorry to hear about the clutch problems...I'm real happy with mine.

Let us know how things go when you get you VPC installed!

Steve

Old 02-06-2012, 10:39 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

I'd like to get the clutch out tonight in order to bring it to the tune this weekend

Old 02-06-2012, 05:47 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

SE clutch is out! I'm now using the SE Friction Plates stock basket and VPC, big difference. Unfortunately the "canned" map from Dynojet didn't get me even close to a decent tune. Going to trailer the bike to the tuner this week. I'll post graph when its completed.

Quick Reply: Picked Up My SE 120R...