Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked Up My SE 120R...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 07:59 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SCJE8
My SE 58mm came back from HPI this morning...now this is what a TBI should look like!

$150.00 + $13.50 for UPS Brown...sweet!

Steve
Wow, that looks great. Doing any work on the heads?

Old 01-30-2012, 08:07 PM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdamore
Wow, that looks great. Doing any work on the heads?
I'm going to leave the internals of the motor alone for right now. I did the high-performance heads (Hillside Cycles) with my 107" build...I'm going to leave well enough alone with this investment for the time being! The 120R should have all the 'giddy-up' this old boy needs, or can handle!

Steve

Old 01-30-2012, 08:17 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm going to leave the internals of the motor alone for right now. I did the high-performance heads (Hillside Cycles) with my 107" build...I'm going to leave well enough alone with this investment for the time being! The 120R should have all the 'giddy-up' this old boy needs, or can handle!

Steve
I hear that. I'm really anxious to hear what kind of numbers you put up as I'm running V&H dresser duals and monster ovals too.

I wish S&S made a throttle by wire TB, as I love the classic teardrop air cleaner. S&S doesn't make one for the SE 58mm TB, but my shop did a fine job fabbing one to fit the SE 58mm TB on my 113" Cross Bones last year so I've enlisted them to do it again for the 120R.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:21 AM
SCJE8
Club Member

Originally Posted by dgdamore
I hear that. I'm really anxious to hear what kind of numbers you put up as I'm running V&H dresser duals and monster ovals too.

I wish S&S made a throttle by wire TB, as I love the classic teardrop air cleaner. S&S doesn't make one for the SE 58mm TB, but my shop did a fine job fabbing one to fit the SE 58mm TB on my 113" Cross Bones last year so I've enlisted them to do it again for the 120R.
I am very happy with my V&H Dresser Duals and Monsters...great looks, great sound! I hate the single pipe units...not for me!

I find the waiting to be the tough part! I do my research, make a decision, place an order...and then wait, and wait, and wait. LOL! I was very pleased with the delivery of my 120R...very quick! But since I don't want to tear this puppy down every few months just for 'grins and giggles' I want to do everything at one time! That's how the Baker pan came into play...and here I am essentially at a dead stand-still waiting on that thing! Sigh...the life of a DIY Harley owner!

Keep us in the loop with your build...this is an exciting time. I think that Anthony (aviscomi) will beat me to the street with his ride...but I'll be close behind!

Steve

Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 AM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

I want to thank both of you for sharing your information with us. It's really appreciated. I so bad want to drop one in my CVO and you guy's are making it really hard not to

Old 02-01-2012, 10:54 AM
SCJE8
Club Member

Originally Posted by Localprez
I want to thank both of you for sharing your information with us. It's really appreciated. I so bad want to drop one in my CVO and you guy's are making it really hard not to
Thanks Localprez...I think Anthony (aviscomi) picked up his motor just yesterday afternoon! This was a huge decision for me and based on everything I heard about the 120R, it was the only way to go! I am okay with my 107" build from last year...but this project will be the ultimate (for me, anyway).

There's a lot to this swap...and I want to do it right the first time. I did receive a little setback yesterday from Baker. My +1.5 oil pan that I ordered on 1-12-12 will not be shipped until the week on 2-13-12! Damn! They had run out of stock and it is being produced as we speak...but the wait will cause me to slide my install several weeks. I have to get the pan in before the motor, or I have to pull the rear wheel to put it in. I'm trying to save myself some extra work and will wait on the pan before I drop the motor in the frame.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my progress to this point! I'll keep the forum posted with my progress.

Thanks for the interest...

Steve

Old 02-01-2012, 02:59 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Picked up my 120R from the UPS Depot last night and haven't had a chance do do much else. They (HD) don't exactly do a great job packing these motors, all cardboard & foam.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:13 PM
SCJE8
Club Member

Originally Posted by aviscomi
Picked up my 120R from the UPS Depot last night and haven't had a chance do do much else. They (HD) don't exactly do a great job packing these motors, all cardboard & foam.
You didn't even get a pallet, Anthony? LOL! I got one but gave it to my dealer at no charge! And I did get lots of foam!

Steve

Old 02-01-2012, 05:35 PM
thepun1sher
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been looking to get one of the 120's but alot of write ups are saying that they are cheaply made and they are coming apart after about 5000 miles

Old 02-01-2012, 05:52 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

You didn't even get a pallet, Anthony? LOL! I got one but gave it to my dealer at no charge! And I did get lots of foam!

Steve
Yes, I got it on a pallet.

Quick Reply: Picked Up My SE 120R...