Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 262 Likes on 130 Posts
Default CB Radio

I'm not too crazy about my handheld CB while riding. I'd like to get something that would go over my head (under a helmet), with no speakers covering my ears, could hear people talking to me, through the fairing speakers, and be able to talk back on a voice activated transmitter, or something like that. Is there such a thing available?

Old 01-14-2012, 11:57 AM
HCharleyCharley
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB Radio

When I bought my 2010 Road Glide I purchased the CB interface for my factory installed radio. Of course I had to also purchase a new console for the hand held mic and another antenna mount for the CB antenna. Not sure you want to go that route since it was costly, but it works great and when I'm listening to music, the music cuts out when someone is talking and the voice comes through my factory speakers. This set up also provides lots of options for example when it's a little chilling I have a headset that I can use to keep my ears warm, or if I wear a full face helmet, I have speakers and mic built into the helmet for communications as well.

I hope this information helps.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:01 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My dad had a CB in his 73 Impala wagon. I used to sit in the car and talk with truckers on it. I even got a book that had all the lingo or jargon in it.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:23 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by HCharleyCharley
When I bought my 2010 Road Glide I purchased the CB interface for my factory installed radio. Of course I had to also purchase a new console for the hand held mic and another antenna mount for the CB antenna. Not sure you want to go that route since it was costly, but it works great and when I'm listening to music, the music cuts out when someone is talking and the voice comes through my factory speakers. This set up also provides lots of options for example when it's a little chilling I have a headset that I can use to keep my ears warm, or if I wear a full face helmet, I have speakers and mic built into the helmet for communications as well.

I hope this information helps.
Thanks. I'll check it out. The bike came with the CB, but I chose the handheld, rather than the headset. Didn't want anything over my ears, and wanted to listen to music, and have the voices come throught the fairing speakers.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by EP50
My dad had a CB in his 73 Impala wagon. I used to sit in the car and talk with truckers on it. I even got a book that had all the lingo or jargon in it.
This was great information, and certainly helped me out with my question. Thank you.

Old 01-14-2012, 04:29 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 669 Likes on 533 Posts

when using the headset,u can listen to radio and have cb cut in over it and u can play it through the speakers or headset or both,if u set the speaker switch on the dash. it will play through speaker only and if the headset is installed correctly in the helmet u won't know its there.

Old 01-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezr Glidr
This was great information, and certainly helped me out with my question. Thank you.
He was about as helpful as posting a request for help w/o identifying the model and year of the bike you have. Better, relax--it's a public forum and not every reply will be helpful.

Check-out the HD and IMC products for half-helmets and see if you can ditch the headset portion to use only the microphone. If you don't wear a helmet, check-out adapter connectors for the 7-pin HD connector offered on ebay.

I've never heard of a wireless mic integrated w/ HD's audio package.

Good luck with your research.

Carl

Old 01-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Thanks bigdumbnoitall. Also, thanks Carl. I don't have to have wireless. I'd plug it in where the handheld is now & have a wire running up toward the helmet.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:14 PM
T_Sebastian
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are gonna use it under a helmet you could just get the fullface set from harley and just cut and tape off the wires going to the speakers and leave them out of the helmet. I dont think that would affect the use of the mic. Also, Not sure about your bike, but mine has a switch that lets me switch the cb speaker from the helmet to the fairing.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:11 PM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by T_Sebastian
If you are gonna use it under a helmet you could just get the fullface set from harley and just cut and tape off the wires going to the speakers and leave them out of the helmet. I dont think that would affect the use of the mic. Also, Not sure about your bike, but mine has a switch that lets me switch the cb speaker from the helmet to the fairing.
Thanks, but don't wanna wear fullface. I have a 2011 103 Limited Ultra. Where is that switch to go from helmet to fairing? If I got a headset, I wouldn't use the ear speakers. I wanna use the fairing speakers.

Quick Reply: CB Radio