Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Engraved Wide Whites ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 10:28 AM
SunCruise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default HD Engraved Wide Whites ?

Hello All. Does anyone have these? I only found a small pic online, but they look nice. I have 15K on my tires so I figured I'd start shopping now.
Thanx SC

Old 01-13-2012, 10:34 AM
vet767
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A roadking looks best IMO with gangsta WW but I can't see paying extra for Harley-Davidson to be on them. Says it on the tank don't need any more of it.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:27 PM
kamut
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had two of these, installed by the PO. They're in my sig pic. There's still one on the front. It looked good, no issues. The logo stayed on the white wall. I think they're Dunlops. I didn't buy them, so I don't know much about them. I had to replace it because there was a screw in it-seemed like it was at least average durability. I think Dunlops are known for being durable.

Last edited by kamut; 01-13-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: remembered something
Old 01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
dboyenga
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a rear HD logo WWW this winter for my RKC. Found the straight-up best price through Dennis Kirk. Ended up ordering through LeatherUp.com because of some other stuff there that I wanted and with a coupon + free shipping it was an over-all better deal for the entire package this time around.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:03 PM
SunCruise
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dboyenga
I just bought a rear HD logo WWW this winter for my RKC.
Are the HD Engraved WWW's coated in some fashion?
Another thread brought mention of this possibility making for much easier cleaning...wipe - no scrub.

SC

Old 01-13-2012, 01:15 PM
kamut
Tourer

I haven't really noticed a difference in ease of cleaning between the engraved and regular WW's.

Old 01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
jacknthebox
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SunCruise
Are the HD Engraved WWW's coated in some fashion?
Another thread brought mention of this possibility making for much easier cleaning...wipe - no scrub.

SC
WW doesn't seem to be coated or any different then others - I bought the bike with the engraved tires already on them and when it came time to purchase new, I bought the engraved - I like the way they look and they do not cost that much more - my bike is in storage but I may be paying it a visit this weekend and I can try and get you a good pic.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:33 AM
SunCruise
Road Captain

A pic would be great....it will show up on google search as well. When I tried the search I found "my" question. Understandably not the hottest harley topic or accessory but I think it lends a certain bit of class on the some bikes. Thanks to all for the responses. SC

Old 01-14-2012, 06:33 PM
BackRoader
Road Master
Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

I'm runnin Dunlops. WWW just require extra attention, but it's worth it to me. I've heard that the Lyndall pads are low dust. Would save some cleaning time for sure. May give em a try on the next brake change. I use Simple Green, followed by a wipe with an alcohol soaked rag. Works pretty well, but am going to try some Westley Bleeche White next time. Don't use any type of abrasive pad as it will leave micro scratches in the rubber, which will collect dirt.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Ricky06Roadking
Cruiser

A friend of mine has them on his deluxe, and I have standard WW on my RKC. I think his look better than mine. It does add some bling.

Quick Reply: HD Engraved Wide Whites ?