Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If Harley Davidson was a Religion

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012 | 09:09 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
I thought it was, that would explain my routine tithing.
Didn't know it wasnt. Im at the dealer right now giving them my routine tithing.

Old 01-13-2012 | 09:11 AM
Rock Chalk
Road Master

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
It's pretty much true on the road but on these forums you will soon find out how many dislike, criticize, and ridicule other posters. Enjoy the ride, come here for laughs.

true words.

Old 01-13-2012 | 09:17 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
I thought it was, that would explain my routine tithing.
That's a good one right there!

Old 01-13-2012 | 09:20 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by SeeMeDo
Are you kidding? Harley is a religion of sorts after all. They're not the best bikes on the road, seems they all have their little quirks yet people still feel like Harleys are the one and only Bike for them never mind anything other manufacture or Bike.
I see you know me well!

Old 01-13-2012 | 09:24 AM
sucherman
Club Member

Ye Brothers and Sisters as was said unto us, If it ain't a Harley it ain't ****.

Old 01-13-2012 | 09:38 AM
Aborigen2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by brandss
As my wife says, if Harley Davison was a religion, we would all be Christians. We accept all, deny nobody.
I don’t mean to burst your bubble, but is that what all Christians do, accept everybody and deny nobody? J)
Even between Christians of different flavor there is rivalry going on for many centuries – who is the “real” Christian, who is the “real” interpreter of God’s words. And in the name of that rivalry Christians from different denominations have fought and slaughtered each other in great numbers.

In my mind, if Harley resembles religion in some way that is that it cost money to maintain your membership in the “religion”. J)

I would call it a “life style”, a hobby. And like with any other hobby people who share it can find common language and like to talk about their hobby.

Old 01-13-2012 | 09:44 AM
ppilotmike
Road Captain

Ya know what they say.. You meet the nicest people on a Hond......um Harley!

Old 01-13-2012 | 09:45 AM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by drukanfu
Jesus rides a Harley ! I'm think'in so anyway.
Of course he does. Bet it's a chopper.

Old 01-13-2012 | 09:52 AM
fzggm4
Road Captain
Default re: If Harley Davidson was a religion

I got back into riding a couple of years ago. I tried a lot of different activities (fishing, shooting, golf etc.) through the years. All have their good points. But I have never had the sense of total relaxation and the feeling of "decompression" as when I get off my bike. Or, if I choose, the occasional adrenaline rush! And when I'm done, just tuck it in the garage.
The group that I ride with is made up of mostly Harleys but we welcome anybody that has two wheels to ride on.
I feel extremely fortunate to be in a position to be able to afford to drive my Harley. We all know they ain't cheap! That said, everybody has to start somewhere. My first bike wasn't a Harley. It takes time to know you want to make that kind of $ commitment.
So, when I'm going down the road I give the "hi" sign to everybody on two wheels! I will step down from the soap box now.....

Old 01-13-2012 | 10:09 AM
Aborigen2
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Bigfoot1
Of course he does. Bet it's a chopper.
)
Now I’m confused… Last year I met Jesus on a rally, huge Mexican guy. And he was riding a stock Trike with bunch of extra lights to shine the way to the sinners.
Then again, several years ago on another rally I met Mohamed from Utah – he was definitely riding a chopper, hard tail with S&S engine.

Quick Reply: If Harley Davidson was a Religion