Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If Harley Davidson was a Religion

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012 | 05:09 AM
tooloudman
Intermediate

I know am biased but wasn`t it a certain British brand that started the faith? and indeed Moses was the first motorcyclist.
According to the good book 'the roar of his Triumph was heard throughout the land'

Old 01-13-2012 | 05:37 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

Agreed, the camaraderie has always been different than on any bike I've been on. Could be why there's a resentment with those who don't own one....me, I don't look at what they ride...just that they do.

Old 01-13-2012 | 05:42 AM
ghira75
Road Warrior

I'd say that extends to the bikers community in general not only HD, unless you are one of those "I hate metrics" or "I hate Harley" guys. Surely what Harley Davidsons give (ehm.. sells you included in the price) is definitely a strong sense of belonging to a great group, and all the events they promote surely helps bonding people with the same passion together. I believe it's a positive thing promoting friendship as a side effect of marketing.

Old 01-13-2012 | 05:57 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member

I have to confess I tithe a bit myself.

Old 01-13-2012 | 06:05 AM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior

Are you kidding? Harley is a religion of sorts after all. They're not the best bikes on the road, seems they all have their little quirks yet people still feel like Harleys are the one and only Bike for them never mind anything other manufacture or Bike.

Old 01-13-2012 | 06:43 AM
nickel dime
Cruiser

I agree. I ride with a local group that's open to all makes of bikes. Very relaxed group of people that just want to ride and could care less what type it is. Harley is in the minority with that group.

I'll be going to the local chappel to make donations in the collection plate soon. I've been studying the bible and am about to start the regular scheduled penance for riding.

Old 01-13-2012 | 07:48 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I agree and it's to bad that there are people that feel it's important to criticize everything.

Old 01-13-2012 | 08:12 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor

Originally Posted by keithhu
i'd rather be on my bike thinking about god than be in church (or in my case synagogue) thinking about my bike.
100%..

Old 01-13-2012 | 08:19 AM
Montana Cowboy
Road Master

Originally Posted by brandss
Hey Guys
I didn't start this to cause a conflict with emotions. I simply meant that when you ride, and stop anywhere, we relate to each other. I have never had so many people, from so many backrounds, stop and talk with me. I have forged friendships, had conversations, taken pictures with so many different people; It's crazy that something as simple as a bike, no matter what you ride, can make two people talk and get to know each other.

If nothing else, it simply seems to bridge the "traditional" gaps
Partner....I'm sure you and your lady are "friendly and approachable" kinds of folks. Like me.....I'll strike up a conversation with most people. Pulling in on a good looking motorcycle just gives us more opportunity to interact.

I think, what your saying has more to do with who you are, not what you ride.

Old 01-13-2012 | 08:24 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member

It isn't a religion?

Quick Reply: If Harley Davidson was a Religion