Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great buy on Scissor jack

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 07:45 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Great buy on Scissor jack

Was looking to get a scissor jack to use on the lift table when I wanted to work on the wheels. Found this on E-bay for a great price. It's a K&L Fat Jack scissor jack with the wide platform for $209.95, FREE SHIPPING. And that's a bonus because, this jack is heavy duty. This jack can vary on price and I have seen it as high as $349, with this price the lowest I have ever seen. You can also get the dolly for it. I have seen the others that sell for $79-$109 but, they are not built the same as this USA product.

I have some wheel work to do on some of my bud's bikes and this will come in handy for getting the wheels off while on the lift. Don't know about you guys but, I like standing up when working on the bikes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140639098235...84.m1439.l2648

Attached Thumbnails Great buy on Scissor jack-fat-jack.jpg   Great buy on Scissor jack-fat-jack-colapsed.jpg  
Old 01-12-2012, 07:57 AM
CLYDE60
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like the looks of them but I can't bring myself to buy one of those, I have been using a scissor jack for years, out of a junk car, It has always worked well, It's made to lift a car and it was free.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:21 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

A tad overpriced for the current economy.....I'd maybe give $50 for it but $200 seriously.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:28 AM
69cj
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For that price it should be hydraulic.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Dave, that is a nice Jack, K&L makes some great quality products. I think they make some of the nicest Table Lifts too, but just a little out of my budget range

Old 01-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Expat1
Road Master
Location: Annemasse (border of Geneva-Switzerland) facing Mt-Blanc.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought the same scissor jack for less than 100 USD in 2010; the label claims 1,000 lbs so over here this means it came all the way from asia

http://www.hd-outillage.com/cric-cis...d-pi-1528.html

It`s very stable for working and storing the EG preferably without the TourPak. Lifting and landing the bike are done slowly using a 22mm ratchet plus 8" extension but keep in mind not to turn the front wheel to the right as you come down because the jiffystand is on the other side

Old 01-12-2012, 12:04 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by 69cj
For that price it should be hydraulic.
I like the screw much better than Hydraulic. Small, simple, low maintenance and it works every time.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:46 PM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i bought this blackwidow jack , was impressed with how sturdy well made it was. there outa stock but in a month you can order at a thrifty price.
$59.99 + 18 s&h
On Back Order Until Late Feb. 2012

http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-lift-jack.htm
The Black Widow Motorcycle Lift Jack is a sturdy motorcycle jack for a reasonable price. This motorcycle jack weighs 28 lbs and has a lifting capacity of 1,100 lbs to accommodate almost any type of motorcycle. The Black Widow jack features a durable glossy black powder coated finish. The total height range of the motorcycle jack is 3 1/2" to 16 1/4" high. You can get an additional 2"-3 1/4" of height with the removable adapters that are included. To prevent slipping a grippy rubber padding has been added to the top of each adapter along with large bolts on the front to secure them in place. To increase the stability of the motorcycle jack a foot is welded onto each side. The Black Widow Motorcycle Lift Jack comes with a one year warranty.

Product Features
  • 6"W x 17-3/4"L motorcycle center jack with a 7/8" adjustable lifting socket
  • Lifts from 3/4" to 16-1/4"H
  • Large 1,100 lb. capacity
  • Includes (2) 2" removable frame adapters
  • Heavy duty steel construction with a black powder-coat finish

Attached Thumbnails Great buy on Scissor jack-31mapjxecvl._sl500_aa300_.jpg  
Old 01-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by baust55
i bought this blackwidow jack , was impressed with how sturdy well made it was. there outa stock but in a month you can order at a thrifty price.
$59.99 + 18 s&h
On Back Order Until Late Feb. 2012

http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-lift-jack.htm
The Black Widow Motorcycle Lift Jack is a sturdy motorcycle jack for a reasonable price. This motorcycle jack weighs 28 lbs and has a lifting capacity of 1,100 lbs to accommodate almost any type of motorcycle. The Black Widow jack features a durable glossy black powder coated finish. The total height range of the motorcycle jack is 3 1/2" to 16 1/4" high. You can get an additional 2"-3 1/4" of height with the removable adapters that are included. To prevent slipping a grippy rubber padding has been added to the top of each adapter along with large bolts on the front to secure them in place. To increase the stability of the motorcycle jack a foot is welded onto each side. The Black Widow Motorcycle Lift Jack comes with a one year warranty.

Product Features
  • 6"W x 17-3/4"L motorcycle center jack with a 7/8" adjustable lifting socket
  • Lifts from 3/4" to 16-1/4"H
  • Large 1,100 lb. capacity
  • Includes (2) 2" removable frame adapters
  • Heavy duty steel construction with a black powder-coat finish
That's the same one I have, really like it.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:07 PM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There are many other brands and I have not received this yet so, I will at least reserve that judgment. I have seen and used others also but, saw this brand being used in three different shops and wondered why. This is a lot wider and more heavy duty compared to some mentioned. More expensive than others, yes. I base the value of the tool on how often it will be used and spend accordingly. We will see if that's true.

Quick Reply: Great buy on Scissor jack