Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fairing brackets

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012 | 09:51 PM
streetglidetroy
|
Road Captain
Default fairing brackets

Recently i bought the bracket replacement kit from baggerparts.com, the kit is supposed to replace the big brackets that keep fairing from shaking like crazy when they break. Has any one bought and used it? Does it actually work?

Old 01-11-2012 | 10:12 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member

You already bought it, little late to be looking for reviews. I didn't see a replacement kit, I saw a repair kit which you can do yourself with common hardware store L brackets for a fraction of the cost, but yes they do work

Old 01-11-2012 | 10:39 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member

I bought that set for my bike and tried to install it on my un-broken brackets, as a reinforcement, and it does not come close to fitting. Hole is in the wrong location. It is supposed to fit on the brackets even if un-broken, but it doesn't. If your brackets are broke then it will fit.

A better set up is this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batwing-Fairing-Support-Bracket-Repair-Kit-HD-/280735011610?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp= mtr&hash=item415d1c531a
These DO fit, even on un-broken brackets and fit perfect. These are some highly precision made brackets. You just have to drill some holes for the mounting screws but thats it. I put these on mine and they look like they came from the factory. the guy who builds these is obviously a real craftsman.

Old 01-12-2012 | 03:07 AM
DetroitDetomaso
Advanced

I just installed the EGay kit. It was very easy to do. According to Iron Cross Audio, this is why my radio broke. I had 3 out of 4 brackets broken.

Old 01-12-2012 | 03:15 AM
bubbas1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Guntoter
I bought that set for my bike and tried to install it on my un-broken brackets, as a reinforcement, and it does not come close to fitting. Hole is in the wrong location. It is supposed to fit on the brackets even if un-broken, but it doesn't. If your brackets are broke then it will fit.

A better set up is this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batwing-Fairing-Support-Bracket-Repair-Kit-HD-/280735011610?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp= mtr&hash=item415d1c531a
These DO fit, even on un-broken brackets and fit perfect. These are some highly precision made brackets. You just have to drill some holes for the mounting screws but thats it. I put these on mine and they look like they came from the factory. the guy who builds these is obviously a real craftsman.
I just repaired my fairing brackets yesterday using this kit. Both of mine were broke. I agree about the quality of the repair kit. Top Notch and a breeze to do.

Old 01-12-2012 | 07:06 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by streetglidetroy
Recently i bought the bracket replacement kit from baggerparts.com, the kit is supposed to replace the big brackets that keep fairing from shaking like crazy when they break. Has any one bought and used it? Does it actually work?
Worked fine for me I did it as a P/M thng too. .

Old 01-12-2012 | 07:52 AM
SCJE8
Club Member

Originally Posted by Guntoter
I bought this same kit as a "preventive" measure. I agree...super nice quality, fit like a glove! $$$ well spent! No braket issues on my Glide!

Steve

Old 01-12-2012 | 08:27 AM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Default fairing brackets

Does anyone know if the fairing brackets are still an issue with the newer bikes? I've got an 11 now and am wondering if HD finally took care of that little problem.
Thanks

Old 01-12-2012 | 08:33 AM
orbit
Road Captain

I fabbed up a set myself from some flat stock I had laying around.

I basically mimicked the real nice stuff from the guy on ebay, but I used a torch (for bending), a hacksaw (rough cutting), and a grinder (for shaping).

It gave me something to do for a few hours this past fall.

Only expense was for four small button screws and lock nuts used to attach the reinforcement to the main brace.

Old 01-12-2012 | 09:16 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

Its not the first time I've bought inexpensive but good quality kits like these. The kit from Road6 (lowering kit) and Harleygoodies (the floorboard extenders) being a couple examples that you don't have to get hosed to get a good quality well priced item from craftsmen that give value with their products...to them that are reading this thread...we solute you.