Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

number

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,165 Likes on 3,675 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
How do you figure that? That would be twice as much as most places charge for a full tune. A dyno "pull" will be much, much cheaper. My guess would be between free and 30 bucks.
Cuz when he seez how much they suk...he will be planning on all the freaking addons and changes he will be doing for the next years to come, like the rest of us schmucks....It's a sickness...

Old 01-12-2012, 06:50 AM
SE120RG
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

why bother, the numbers are out there for stock bikes

Old 01-12-2012, 11:07 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just an observation, but it seems like my 96" 2010 RG with a stage 1 (A/C kit, V&H Duals and TTS) pulls almost the exact numbers (72 HP, 85TQ) as the stock 103". Sound about right?

Old 01-12-2012, 12:01 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Small depressing ones. Get ready to open your wallet.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:15 PM
harleymike77
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SG_Dave
Small depressing ones. Get ready to open your wallet.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:19 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,670 Likes on 2,540 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
How do you figure that? That would be twice as much as most places charge for a full tune. A dyno "pull" will be much, much cheaper. My guess would be between free and 30 bucks.
Sorry;I misread the part about completely stock. I assumed you were doing a stage 1.

But 1 question--Why do a dyno run on a stock bike? IMHO a waste of kablingy, and unecessary stress on the motor. Hell, I ain't even gonna let 'em do a dyno run when I do my tune, unless after the tune the bike runs like crap.

If you are doing it to compare stock VS a tune, they should automatically do a stock run right before they do the tune. Always have with mine, and no extra charge;it's part of the tune package.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Dyno runs done properly do not stress your motor any more then riding it does. I think it is a great idea to get a base for every step. Every motor and every dyno is different so it would be nice to run your bike on the same dyno and see what gains a person has made by upgrading. Individual bike box stock can have a wide varience on power so unless you actaully dyno your own while in stock state you won't know what kind of gains you really made. For those who think it is a waste of money I would not susggest they do it but if you really want to know why not? It is like $25-40 to get a base run.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:03 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder if the display will report, "Not Enough."

Old 01-12-2012, 01:50 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by dickey
Sorry;I misread the part about completely stock. I assumed you were doing a stage 1.
i'm not the one having the run done. I was jsut commenting that a dyno pull doesn't cost 700 bucks

But 1 question--Why do a dyno run on a stock bike? IMHO a waste of kablingy, and unecessary stress on the motor. Hell, I ain't even gonna let 'em do a dyno run when I do my tune, unless after the tune the bike runs like crap.
I guess he just wants to see what he's gaining for each stage of his upgrades. How can they not do a dyno run when they do your tune? Unless you have a carbed bike and it gets "tuned" in a parking lot the old school way they'll have to do a dyno run.

If you are doing it to compare stock VS a tune, they should automatically do a stock run right before they do the tune. Always have with mine, and no extra charge;it's part of the tune package.
Yep, that would be the case, but, if he takes it in for a stage I (or more) install, I doubt the shop would take the time to hook the bike up and run it then take it off the dyno, install the parts then hook it up again. That wouldn't be cost inductive for the shop.

It's his money, apparently it's worth the cash for him to have a stock pull done on it before he makes any changes.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:37 PM
LKHA
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes this just a base line 1 to get numbers and 2 Ring break in the numbers came out as a 75 hp 92,8TQ installed RhinheART classic duals with 4inch only took it to 77.3 and 99.8TQ I got the info over the phone so i have not seen the chart yet. PV and air cleaner on order from fuel moto tomorrow.

Quick Reply: number