Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender Overlay Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 10:49 PM
BAGGERONABUDGET
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aroz, this wouldnt have been from a guy name conleymotorsports or something like that would it?

I bought bags and lids from him. Took a while to ship and when I got it I had no lids, called and complained and he sent me a free fender and side cover extensions.

If you have the frenched plate then I believe you have to cut the stock fender(I did and it fits perfect now). I cut about 5-7'' off. The french plate will hit the lower part of fender. I didnt have a fitment issue as far as going on the bike, just the french plate hitting the stock fender. Other than that it went on smoothly.

They sure arent bad dad bags but you get what you pay for. A little sanding and minor body work and it will come out nice. I have been working on mine for a while now and I am almost complete.

For the money you cant beat the price( I couldnt afford bad dad) but when I can I will be replacing everything with bad dad. A little work and time and will be good to go. Mine has come out pretty nice so far.

Good luck.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:52 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aroz34
Do you think I should by the bad dad overlay and keep the bags since nothing is wrong with them? I have a body guy that could make everything look good just don't know what to do with the fender. I would lose sleep thinking about cutting the stock one.
if it were me i would buy the bad dad replacement rear fender all u have to do is cut for your mufflers. yes check fitment befor u paint but i have done 6 bikes with bad dad products and never had any issues. everything fit perfect everytime. yes more money but a quality product and great customer service. heres a pic of my rear fender painted and installed. also my bags are arlen ness .
Rick

Attached Thumbnails Fender Overlay Problem-1123111118.jpg  
Old 01-12-2012, 01:26 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also went with Bad Dad. Great fit and finish. Not a lot of painters in my area, so I had them paint the fender and bags prior to shipping. Turned out great, bolted right up. I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for".

Old 01-18-2012, 02:15 AM
aroz34
Intermediate

I too believe in the "you get what you pay for" statement. But this offer was just too good to pass up. $500 for an overlay and extended bags. Gonna try to get a little money out of it. Gonna throw the one he sent me in the fireplace tomorrow if i can't find someone who wants it. bought the Bad Dad overlay tonight to try to match everything up. If you guys know anyone that does body work and can straighten this thing out it's theirs for $200. Really nice shape I just have no experience with fiberglass.

Originally Posted by hougz79
I also went with Bad Dad. Great fit and finish. Not a lot of painters in my area, so I had them paint the fender and bags prior to shipping. Turned out great, bolted right up. I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for".

Old 01-19-2012, 10:30 AM
precision4808
Advanced

I've heard nothing bad about Bad Dad's products... That's where I'll be purchasing my parts from! You def get what you pay for, and does your baby deserve sub par parts? I think not!

Old 01-19-2012, 06:23 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aroz34
I too believe in the "you get what you pay for" statement. But this offer was just too good to pass up. $500 for an overlay and extended bags. Gonna try to get a little money out of it. Gonna throw the one he sent me in the fireplace tomorrow if i can't find someone who wants it. bought the Bad Dad overlay tonight to try to match everything up. If you guys know anyone that does body work and can straighten this thing out it's theirs for $200. Really nice shape I just have no experience with fiberglass.
If your gonna throw it in the fireplace I'll gladly take it off your hands for the cost of shipping! LOL. Besides, that burning fiberglass would really stink up your house!

Old 01-19-2012, 08:11 PM
customsoftail200
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the bad dad overlay fender, it took some time to get it the way I wanted it while mocking it up, there will be lots of washers/spacers used on final assembly but it does look SICK. I'm using Top Shop bags, they didn't match up well with the cut outs but those guys at Top Shop are awesome, they took my bags back and made me new ones that are about 3/4" lower in the rear around the mufflers and they match the fender perfect now. Everything is at the painter now, I can't wait to get it back and put it back together.

Old 01-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Badbag166
6th Gear

Bad dad all the way. Here is my 2011 flhx with bad dad bags and fender cover with there stock fender eliminator underneath. Awesome products.

Attached Thumbnails Fender Overlay Problem-bagger.jpg   Fender Overlay Problem-bad-dad.jpg