Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW Hog Tunes Amp & Speakers 902.2 REV

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Fat Mike
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebaby
The new amps arrived the last week of June. Verify with them the flavor of amp they are sending you.

mikebaby
What kind of problems are people having with the amps? I'm on the verge of ordering the Hogtunes Rev Series 902.2 REV kit - NCA-70.2 amp and 5.25" front speakers....

Old 07-20-2012, 11:13 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I've read that some people are having radio reception problems after mounting their amps. I wouldn't know, my amp has caused no problems mounted right on top of my HK receiver.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:37 AM
gatorj1997
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hogtunes NCA 70.2 Rev Series Amp

Just installed in my 2009 Street Glide the Hogtunes 70.2 Rev Series Amp and J&M Rokker 7.25 fairing speakers. Tremendous sound.

I am using an ipod plugged into the AUX port and set the volume to max on the ipod. I can barely go past 1/2 volume on the bike with out blowing my ear drums out. Very clear and very loud.

I set the AVC to 3 as hogtunes suggests, the ipod to rock on the EQ and the bike I set the bass and treble to neutral. Again, very clear and very loud at 80mph on the highway.

No issues with reception from the Harley head unit, FM / AM and Weather seem fine.

Thanks Hogtunes and J&M, great products.

Last edited by gatorj1997; 07-30-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: needed to add comment
Old 08-02-2012, 11:49 AM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

I just installed the Hogtunes NCA 70.2 amp with the 902.2AA speakers.

2008 FLHTC

This is a plug and play system, the whole install took me a little over an hour, and that's including removing the windshield and batwing.

The sound is awesome for the price. I bought mine (amp and speaker kit) off ebay......there are still some bad amps floating around out there.......I got one. The problem is the system sounds great with cd's, but the amp interferes with the radio signal. The amp gives your FM reception a frying sound, similar to not having an antenna at all.

I emailed hogtunes tech support this morning, they are overnighting me a new amp... will have it tomorrow afternoon, no questions asked.

Their customer service is the best. Don't be afraid to buy this system, (other than the FM interference issues with the older first release amps) for the money you can't beat the sound.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Fat Mike
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ElectraGlideSteve
I just installed the Hogtunes NCA 70.2 amp with the 902.2AA speakers.

2008 FLHTC

This is a plug and play system, the whole install took me a little over an hour, and that's including removing the windshield and batwing.

The sound is awesome for the price. I bought mine (amp and speaker kit) off ebay......there are still some bad amps floating around out there.......I got one. The problem is the system sounds great with cd's, but the amp interferes with the radio signal. The amp gives your FM reception a frying sound, similar to not having an antenna at all.

I emailed hogtunes tech support this morning, they are overnighting me a new amp... will have it tomorrow afternoon, no questions asked.

Their customer service is the best. Don't be afraid to buy this system, (other than the FM interference issues with the older first release amps) for the money you can't beat the sound.
They didn't care you didn't get it from HogTunes themselves? (bought off eBay I mean) That is what my hold up is. The warranty... If they will honor it bought from anywhere, that is all I wanted to know.

Is there anyway to know if you have one of the bad batch of Amp's? Serial number or anything?

Old 08-02-2012, 12:28 PM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Fat Mike
They didn't care you didn't get it from HogTunes themselves? (bought off eBay I mean) That is what my hold up is. The warranty... If they will honor it bought from anywhere, that is all I wanted to know.

Is there anyway to know if you have one of the bad batch of Amp's? Serial number or anything?
They didn't ask where I bought it.
They didn't even ask for proof that I even owned a bad amp.
They said they'd send a return label to ship them back the bad amp, so I guess they'd find out if you were trying to scam them.
I don't know how to identify the bad crop of amps, short of installing it and finding out it doesn't work.
They probably have a way to identify, but I don't know what it is.

Last edited by ElectraGlideSteve; 08-02-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Fat Mike
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ElectraGlideSteve
They didn't ask where I bought it.
They didn't even ask for proof that I even owned a bad amp.
They said they'd send a return label to ship them back the bad amp, so I guess they'd find out if you were trying to scam them.
I don't know how to identify the bad crop of amps, short of installing it and finding out it doesn't work.
They probably have a way to identify, but I don't know what it is.
That's great! I feel better about buying one off eBay now.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:04 PM
kc347
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just my 2 cents. Just installed Hogtunes REV 7 Woofers in lowers kits comes w/70.2 amp kicked it with twitter pod. Plug n play to OEM system. I am please with sound quality and volumn. A little distortion a extreme volumn level. Bought from DHP.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Junior in NE
Road Master
Received 700 Likes on 209 Posts

[quote=Fat Mike;10154347]They didn't care you didn't get it from HogTunes themselves? (bought off eBay I mean) That is what my hold up is. The warranty... If they will honor it bought from anywhere, that is all I wanted to know.

I bought mine off ebay and had the same radio interference. Called them up and they sent the revised version no questions asked. I even told them that I didn't buy it direct and they didn't care. Stand up company, and I'm very happy with the system.

Is there anyway to know if you have one of the bad batch of Amp's? Serial number or anything?[/quote]

What they asked me was what color the LED light was on the amp. Mine was red, he said the newer ones have a green light.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Fat Mike
Cruiser

[QUOTE=Junior in NE;10156536]
Originally Posted by Fat Mike

I bought mine off ebay and had the same radio interference. Called them up and they sent the revised version no questions asked. I even told them that I didn't buy it direct and they didn't care. Stand up company, and I'm very happy with the system.

Is there anyway to know if you have one of the bad batch of Amp's? Serial number or anything?[/quote]

What they asked me was what color the LED light was on the amp. Mine was red, he said the newer ones have a green light.
That's good to know, thanks...

Quick Reply: NEW Hog Tunes Amp & Speakers 902.2 REV