Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW Hog Tunes Amp & Speakers 902.2 REV

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Fat Mike
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's it! Just add speakers....

Old 01-26-2012, 08:58 PM
BreadGuy_FLHX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed to this one... awaiting a few of the first reviews.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:42 PM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

It seems to me that there are three distinct price points for the main three aftermarket stereo equipment makers.

At the lowest price point, there is Hogtunes. Great customer service, and they are a Canadian company, which is a plus (at least for us Canadians). I think they are a definite improvement over OEM, and won't cost you an arm and a leg.

In the middle, you have J&M. Great customer service from our fellow forum member and (President of J&M?), JM John. American company, next best thing to being a Canadian company, lol.

Then there is Hawg Wired, whose stuff sells for more than the other two. Haven't heard of many complaints about them either.

As far as my experience, my bike came to me with Hogtunes Road Glide speakers and amp. I wasn't crazy about the speakers so I upgraded them to J&M, which to me, were an improvement.

Still wanting more volume, I just picked up a used Hawg Wired system from a fellow forum member. Can't says how much better this system will be, but from everything I read, it should be a noticable improvement, and will hopefully will be good enough for me.

The point is I think all of these are good products and the companies provide excellent customer service and support. But, if you believe in the saying "you get what you pay for", then judge them accordingly.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:52 PM
stuart1270
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Smile hog tunes

Originally Posted by Fat Mike
I am looking for the kit. (Amp and speakers) For my 2010 Electra Glide. I haven't looked to far yet, but your company, Directharleyparts.com was the first place I went to. Well, Hog Tunes first, but they don't even have it listed yet. Also a few others, but you have them beat! From what all I have read on this forum, you will beat them all and I'm sure you'll get my business. My cart on your site has items in it already, just waiting on that check to be deposited. Slow *** gov. I'll be in touch Dan..

Mike
http://www.hogtunes.com/videos/nca40.4.html Check out this link. this is the 40 watt amp with speakers. I have it in my 2010 limited more than plenty loud.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:54 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 418 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Direct Harley Parts
What kit are you looking for? Just the 40Watt amp?
Amp and speaker kit?
What bike?

Ill make sure you dont need to hunt =D

-Dan
Dan,
What speakers are included in the new 70.2 kit? Specs? The 902.2AA in the older kit are only rated for 50w

Old 01-27-2012, 07:04 AM
Ribitt
Tourer
Cool

Hell I have the 40 watt system. wonder if the 70 watt will just plug into the wires already run. or will need to rerun new wires. is the direct guy still reading this would like to know. 40 watts still isn't enough at highway speed to me 80-85.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:33 AM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I still have the stock HK speaker setup on my '10 Street Glide and am curious as to how much louder the hogtunes will be over the stock setup. Is there any comparison for stock to 40 amp and 70 amp?
Im on a tight budget and would like to know would just adding the amp make a difference with stock speakers? Ive heard upgrading speakers alone should make a difference but that was from someone trying to sell me their used gear.
I get all kinds of distortion at 3/4 volume with stock setup and having a catless pipe and performance slip on doesnt help any.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:52 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

From my own experience, I swapped out the stock HD speakers with the Hog Tune speakers. Better yes but at speed hard to hear. I added the Hog Tunes Tweeter Pod, big difference at speed and better sound. Still wanting more and better sound, I went with the BikeTronics Amp & Speakers and it's right where I want it.

On a budget, go with the Hog Tunes speakers and Tweeter Pod and your be happy until you can budget in an amp.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Ribitt
Tourer
Cool

I already have the hogtunes 40 watt amp and tweeter pods. just wondering about the 70 watt amp hogtunes is comming out with.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:02 AM
shredsurf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just purchased the following: all Hogtunes products:

1 pair – 572.2-AA w/ replacement grills - (to be installed in upper RG fairing speaker slots) (replacing existing J&M speakers)

1 pair – 572.2-AA - (to be installed in the HD saddlebag speaker lids)
1 NCA 40.4 – 160 Watt 4 Channel Amp - (to be installed in ’09 RG fairing on top of the HK radio)
1 lengthened harness – (to feed the speakers installed in the saddlebags lids)

I am purchasing the HD saddlebag speaker lids (to be painted to match) and installing the 5x7 Hogtunes speakers in them.

The front 5x7 speakers will plug into the front 'out' of the Hogtunes amp and the 5x7 saddlebag speakers will plug in the rear 'out' of the amp.

The harness Hogtunes is making will plug into the “bypass out” of the amp which will carry the radio power to the 5.25 Blaupunkts speakers I currently have installed in the inner lower fairing (see my photo albums for pictures).

I expect to have the work complete by next week and hope to have pictures posted as well.

Pez from Hogtunes was a pleasure to deal with and gave me exactly what I was looking for at a great price. The Hogtunes website is a fountain of useful information for everything audio.

Quick Reply: NEW Hog Tunes Amp & Speakers 902.2 REV