Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those with a rider backrest.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012 | 02:09 PM
blueduramax
Cruiser

Have had the adjustable, the mustang and now have the C & C. Like the C & C best.

Old 01-11-2012 | 02:16 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member

Yeah I had the MoCo rest but it rode to high for the disk issue I have. Went with the Mustang solo with a rest and it sets right where I need it plus its smaller making it fit in there better. The MoCo bracket is kinda long and ugly, if it was half the height it would look better but some like it high, some low like me.

Old 01-11-2012 | 02:16 PM
56tbird
Tourer

A backrest will also tell you about whether your handlebars might be a problem I put a mustang backrest in and I found out I need more pullback to really be able to lean into the backrest. I have it down to the Kromewerks sweeper+2 and the HD touring bars. I'm leaning toward the kromewerks as I have heard the HD bar puts your wrists at an odd angle.

Old 01-11-2012 | 03:38 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Default Install Instructions!

I agree with the fact that it is well worth it and an easy install. My advise would be to NOT TIGHTEN the mounting bolts until they are all in place. Leave them sloppy loose until all the bolt threads are started. I have fat fingers and leaving everything loose during assembly helped me get everything in place easier. AND DON'T FORGET THE LOCTITE!

Old 01-11-2012 | 03:51 PM
Cruiser

Thank you for your service. I hope the backrest helps. I blew out a disc 2 years ago and the backrest pad makes a huge difference. I can ride all day with it.

Old 01-11-2012 | 05:11 PM
BackRoader
Road Master

Loved the back support, but hated the sore *****. Mine pushed me forward just enough to set my nuts on the seat where it starts to angle up and over the tank. OUCH!!

Old 01-11-2012 | 05:15 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by blueduramax
Have had the adjustable, the mustang and now have the C & C. Like the C & C best.

+1 on the C&C setup.

Old 01-11-2012 | 05:15 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

You will be in heaven with the adjustable backrest, I love mine!

AL

Old 01-11-2012 | 05:47 PM
NewAge
|
Road Master

Thanks guys. Yeah, I have heard a lot about how great they are. BackRoader, I also heard about it pushing forward. I'll just have to see how this one rides when I get it on. I actually rode a couple older bikes (late 80s FLH and a 95 RK) that positioned the rider closer (kind of on top) to the tank and aside from the cramped knees, it was actually pretty nice (They didn't have backrests, it was just the way the seats were I guess). I felt like my control of the scoot was a lot better than usual. I was hoping that by getting the adjustable that it would allow for me to push back a little more if it tried to push me forward more than i'd like.

Like I said, i'll just have to see when I get it. If i don't like it, i'll look into another until I find one I like. All I know is after about 30 minutes of riding now, i'm in pain. I'll be extremely happy if this allows me to ride as much as I want.

I do like the look of the C&C ones y'all have. Looks like a bit of a low profile with the short bracket. Hmmmmmmm

Old 01-11-2012 | 05:54 PM
ultrawarrior
Novice

Thanks for your service. Easy install I could not ride without mine, you'll like it.

Quick Reply: For those with a rider backrest.....