Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those with a rider backrest.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012 | 06:55 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

The adjustable backrest is awesome. I put a Mustang Supertouring seat on my bike and had to give it up. I was not happy about that. The Mustang backrest is adjustable, but not anywhere as easy as the Moco unit. Being able to adjust on the fly is nice because when you get sore, make a change. You're going to love it and the installation is easy.

I'm tall so maybe the following won't help. Maybe it will.

Bars are a big deal. I found that moving my bars back and down helped my back a lot. Ymmv.

I also added and extended shift lever. Moving my foot back around the shifter to downshift put a strain on my lower back. The extended lever helped immensely. I ditched the heel shifter. Again, it strained my lower back to move my heel over it.

When you ride, focus on keeping your chin down. The tendency is to lift up which puts strain on your neck and all the way down your spine.

Good luck.

Old 01-10-2012 | 06:55 PM
sajger
Stage IV
Default Bradenton fl area

Anyone near Bradenton St Pete area ..,Love Greg Billings also

Old 01-10-2012 | 06:58 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

After assessing both (adjustable & fixed) - ended up geting the cheaper fixed HD rider backrest. Didn't see a need to $pend more ca$h & adjust while riding. Fixed mount has height + angle adjustments and once I dialed-in...havenlt had to make any changes over past two years. Also read online reviews on adjustable cable breaking, or not working properly so didn't think it was good quality.

Enjoy wrenching on the scoot & from a fellow service member (retired) - thanks for keeping us safe!

Old 01-10-2012 | 07:35 PM
Shadew
Advanced
Default Link to how-to thread.

I took pictures of my install. Here's the thread.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-pictures.html

Old 01-10-2012 | 07:44 PM
StreetGSP
Cruiser

Easy install. Would not ride with out it.

Old 01-10-2012 | 07:56 PM
slyder
Road Master

Ive got the adjustable on my 99 FLHRCI and while I really like it I hardly ever use it anymore cause it makes my back sweat. I need to get some sheep skin for it. Other than that its the cats meow. I would close with Semper Fi but i was in the USAF and I just wouldnt feel right using that.......so Aim High i guess? Thats about the closest thing we got.

Old 01-10-2012 | 09:06 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Shadew
I took pictures of my install. Here's the thread.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-pictures.html
No Pictures.

Old 01-10-2012 | 09:43 PM
Troubleman
Tourer

Originally Posted by LMmarine86
I'm 25 and on good days feel like I'm 50. Maybe the next step should be a walker lol.

Well I am 50, and though I don't need a walker yet, I do need this backrest if I want to put on any serious miles. Best add on so far and easy to install.

Old 01-11-2012 | 01:30 PM
NewAge
|
Road Master

Thanks for all of the responses y'all! I appreciate it. I'm looking forward to it coming in and finally being able to install it. The rain here is suppose to break for a good amount of time so hopefully it will come soon and I can test it within the next few days. We shell see!

Thanks again!

Old 01-11-2012 | 01:52 PM
Stanger
Road Master

I have the Mustang seat with the backrest. Have had one for a few years, and would not ride without it for any longer rides. In fact it just stays on all the time.
Love it!!!

Quick Reply: For those with a rider backrest.....