Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Pro Race Tuner or Power Commander 5

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 04:30 PM
pswomack
Road Master
Received 131 Likes on 99 Posts
Default SE Pro Race Tuner or Power Commander 5

Hello everyone, need some opinions and advice on this. Here's what I'm doing, 2009 FLHT 96ci Stage 1 with SE Ventilator Breather, Cobra Power Sport Duals, V&H Twin Slash Rounds, V&H Fuel Pak. Adding SE204 Cams for a little extra power and torque. I have the SE Pro tuner, dealer is trying to sell me a PC-V, which would you go with, SE Pro or PC-V?.....Which one will give the most benefits in tuning and PWR/TQ gains?....Normal riding is 2 up in the mountains, just need a little more grunt for pulling.....Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Neither. Go with a Power Vision. http://www.fuelmotousa.com/powervision.htm

You dont want a piggy back (PC V), and the Power Vision has a much easier way to do your own tuning runs.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:10 PM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,747 Likes on 982 Posts

I went with the SE and I recomend you do the sams
because you already have the SE tuner. A bird in
hand is worth two in the bush

Old 01-08-2012, 05:24 PM
pswomack
Road Master

Thanks Keith, the Power Vision is nice, but I don't need to tune all the time, don't race the bike, just want a good tune to compliment the mods and cams for 2 up touring. 6 Gun, I think your right and I'll stick with the SE Pro Tuner, I've read on some forums that the PC-V kinda tricks the ECM, like I said before, I just need a little more grunt for riding in the mountains. Thanks Guys for your input!

Old 01-08-2012, 05:43 PM
metalb00
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i say stay away from the powercommander, the piggy back basically have the 2 programs fighting for dominance

Old 01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

If buying new... go with TTS. But... I would go with the SEPST since you already have one.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:00 PM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hell, I've had a PCIII it's worked out fine for me, what am I missing?

Old 01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
pccoder
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

SEST is the way to go.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:46 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Our dealer just told my bud that the PCV will void his warranty and he had to get a SE tuner. I was so glad I was there to set him straight. Just funny yours is trying to sell you a PCV.
Love my PCV but but upgrading from your V&h fuel pak, I think you will be happy with the pro tuner, PCV or Power Vision. Why do you already have the pro tuner? Did you buy it or was it a gift? Just wondering why you have two tuners now and are asking about a third? The PCV tricks the ECU just like your Fuel Pak does on with more options and a real map. Depending on what you are quoted to get your bike dyno tuned for you pro tuner it might be cheaper to get a PCV from fuel moto with there maps already loaded. And with the PCV you can run two maps that change on the fly with a switch, can't do that with the pro tuner.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:25 PM
pswomack
Road Master

HD Rolling
The SE Pro Race Tuner was in my right saddle bag after having the Stage 1 download done at the time I purchased the bike, got home and there it was, no cables or software, just the tuner in it's original box. Installed the V&H Fuel Pak on a recomendatition from a friend, can't really tell any difference in how it performs, but it hasn't been on a dyno yet either. Not going to use the Fuel Pak after I do the cam install. I actually talked to the tech who will do the dyno runs on my bike, he suggested staying with the SE Pro Tuner since he is very familiar with it. I certainly appreciate everyones opinions and recomendations. If I don't like the tune I'll go with a PC-V as I've talked to Jamie at FM, he said it would be no problem to make a map for my mods, simple as they are. Not a speed junkie anymore, got enough of that in my 20's and drag racing cars, if I had all that money back, I'd be sitting pretty good right about now!....LOL

Quick Reply: SE Pro Race Tuner or Power Commander 5