Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plasma Rods

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them. No equalizer needed.

Originally Posted by papifun
did you need a equalizer in series with the plasma rods once installed ? did it mess up the alarm function or the turn signals ? i want to connect a set when the brakes are applied..

Old 01-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Overdoo
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...asma-rods.html

Maybe this will help. I posted this a while ago.
It works! I did it and helped another rider do the same. OVerdoo's doo rules!

Old 01-25-2012, 01:34 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Shrug
OVerdoo's doo rules!

Last edited by shooter5074; 01-25-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Rock Chalk
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdoo
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...asma-rods.html

Maybe this will help. I posted this a while ago.

this is exactly what I used and had no issues at all. Thanks again!

Old 01-25-2012, 01:56 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Just talked to Custom Dynamics. They are coming out with dual color (red/amber) ultra bright plasma rods soon, that they expect to work on Road Glides and Street Glides without the center light.

They will be run/brake in red and turn in amber.

No ETA on when they will be available, but I'm on their call list..... so when I hear something, I'll post it.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:14 PM
RobsSG
Cruiser

I got them on my 08 SG and they work great Break,run and blinker I want EVERYone to see what I'm doing from behind...the positaps work fine, find your wires with a test light to pierce the wires and you are good to go. Also call Cust. dyn. They are GREAT support and will walk you through it on the phone while you are talking to them..also have wizard lights second generation and love them, makes a nice light show while the bike is watching me drink beer, attracts LOTs of pretty girls too...wifey is not happy about that. I told her I thought it was ME...

Old 01-25-2012, 05:11 PM
viperr817
Road Captain

[QUOTE=RobsSG;9306186]I got them on my 08 SG and they work great Break,run and blinker I want EVERYone to see what I'm doing from behind...the positaps work fine, find your wires with a test light to pierce the wires and you are good to go. Also call Cust. dyn. They are GREAT support and will walk you through it on the phone while you are talking to them..also have wizard lights second generation and love them, makes a nice light show while the bike is watching me drink beer, attracts LOTs of pretty girls too...wifey is not happy about that. I told her I thought it was ME...
yours are wired as turn as well?? Did u tap into the tri-bar to get them to work with all functions?

Old 01-25-2012, 07:28 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=viperr817;9306413]
Originally Posted by RobsSG
I got them on my 08 SG and they work great Break,run and blinker I want EVERYone to see what I'm doing from behind...the positaps work fine, find your wires with a test light to pierce the wires and you are good to go. Also call Cust. dyn. They are GREAT support and will walk you through it on the phone while you are talking to them..also have wizard lights second generation and love them, makes a nice light show while the bike is watching me drink beer, attracts LOTs of pretty girls too...wifey is not happy about that. I told her I thought it was ME...
yours are wired as turn as well?? Did u tap into the tri-bar to get them to work with all functions?

Viper - can you post a few photos of the Plasma's installed at different angles pls..im lookin to wire just for break lights.. wondering if i still need to put an equalizer if tapped into the brake on wire...

Old 01-25-2012, 08:07 PM
ponch3640
Tourer

Subscribed

Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 AM
quickster47
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the plasma rods last night and picked up the quarter round stuff yesterday while I was at Lowes. Hope to get them installed next week. Thanks for all the ideas and help on doing this.

Carl

Quick Reply: Plasma Rods