Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Music to test your Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:30 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-17-2012, 12:27 AM
Silverback2011
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smokengun
I'll be the odd man out here. If I had tunes on the bike I'd listen to music that would make you guys cringe. ***** out pure underground metal via Slayer, Fear Factory, Hatebreed. I feel if my bike's going to offend, then so should my tunes. LOL!! But I don't have tunes yet on my ride. After all the metal I listen to, I like no noise other than the wind and pipes when I ride (for now). Even though I'm a metalhead I have to say there are some great selections you guys have listed so far though. I do have a wide variety, but metal's my bread and butter.
I have to agree with you too, Slipknot, Hatebreed, Hellyeah, Mudvayne, Rammstein, etc blast from my Streetglide and I will be 50 next month. Most of the music listed previously I listened to 30 or more years ago and I am tired of that stuff now, I am always looking for new bands to check out and usually find them on Octane on my XM radio or in videos on youtube.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:26 AM
bigdogx
Cruiser
Default songs

Way to go silverback2011, Glad i am not the only old guy being 51, not that i act 51. that likes slipknot,disturbed, five fingerdeath punch, adel sounds pretty good on the glide.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:11 AM
RoadKingGibson
Advanced

One of the sound men that my old band had always played the Coverdale Page song "Shake My Tree". Lot's of dynamics and frequencies running through that song. I only recommend this because this sound guy seemed to be the best at dialing in our band properly. Lots of shi#y sound guys out there but this one knew what he was doing.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:08 PM
quickster47
Club Member

Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen (New Extended Mix) works like a champ for testing all components.

Carl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhJIDETEVIQ

Old 01-17-2012, 12:55 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

This bass will absolutely pound your subs for a low end test.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmZb1...f=list_related

Old 01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just go with what you usually listen to. Like others have said unless you spend some serious coin on the audio system on your bike your sound aint gonna be all that great anyhow. Kinda like when people complain about the lack of bass coming from their 3" handlebar speakers.
I'll throw in some Ted Nugent - Stranglehold, ACDC - Thunderstruck

Old 01-18-2012, 11:21 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Downloaded the "Money for Nothing" track from ITUNES. Not impressed with the quality of the track.

It's weird,..............some songs from ITUNES are amazing quality, and some are un-listenable. At .99 for music & $ 1.99 for music videos,..................you'd think the quality would be top notch.

Anyhow,...............took my bike out to Red Rock Canyon, figuring on nobody being there. Took my CHEAP digital camera & shot a video of my system. Don't know if the quality of the video is any good,.............as my home computer has some $5 cracker boxes for speakers, ........so I can't hear any quality.

In the middle of the song, some dude came over an told my wife to turn it down, as he was taking 'still photos'. ( ??? )

So,.............here's half a video of "Money for Nothing" , taken with a CHEAP digital camera.

In the next week or so,...........I'm gonna find a secluded spot and record some stuff that has WAY better quality, track wise. ENJOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihqwn...LqLvX2X0JCV4kz

Old 01-19-2012, 12:00 AM
sublime_ac
Road Master

Ouch.. That track has always been a favorite of mine, my source for it is a reference edition that I ripped in the lossless audio format.. Sorry you weren't impressed with my suggestion...

http://www.referencediscs.com.au/cle...mastered-.html

Old 01-19-2012, 06:44 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sublime_ac
Ouch.. That track has always been a favorite of mine, my source for it is a reference edition that I ripped in the lossless audio format.. Sorry you weren't impressed with my suggestion...

http://www.referencediscs.com.au/cle...mastered-.html
You misunderstood my point...........I like the 'suggestion' (track), just unimpressed with the quality I got from ITUNES.

This isn't the first, ( or last ), that ITUNES will disappoint me, I'm sure !

Quick Reply: Music to test your Stereo