Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pack Lid Organizer

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 12:29 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tour pack Lid Organizer

Can someone that has one tell me how they mount? Was thinking about getting one for my husband for Christmas but I know he won't want it if you have to drill anything. Thanks!

Old 12-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tour pack Lid Organizer

They stick to the lid with VHB ( Very High Bonding ) tape by 3M. Make sure it is straight, because once it's there it's there for ever that tape is unbelievable

No holes at all. And that sounds like a nice gift!!!!

Old 12-10-2006, 01:13 PM
bradteed
Advanced

That is an awesome gift. if you want to add some "stocking stuffers" then get him the matching saddlebag organizers.

My wife gave me the full set and they really keep us organized!

Old 12-10-2006, 01:14 PM
kdietz
Road Captain

I like the storage that wraps around the sides....the tour travel bag still fits fine.....I would worry that the lid organizer could restrict the height of my travel bag packing.....speaking from experience

Karl

Old 12-10-2006, 03:01 PM
harleybob
Cruiser

Check out CRU CRAFT at www.cruzcraft.com. He makes great stuff. I have the tour pac organizer and the saddle bag liners. He is also on e-bay. Bob.

Old 12-10-2006, 04:35 PM
DanTMan
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

You might want to also check out "E-Glide Goodies", they've got a really good one that I purchased. You can get it with or without a mirror. Their web site is: http://eglidegoodies.com/

Old 12-10-2006, 05:55 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

ORIGINAL: dirtnap664

Can someone that has one tell me how they mount? Was thinking about getting one for my husband for Christmas but I know he won't want it if you have to drill anything. Thanks!
Just on the outside chance he may have a luggage rack on top of his tour pak, he could just unscrew the screws holding it in place and pierce 4 holes thru the organizer backing which is a stiff sheet of plastic and refasten the screws thru the organizer thus holding it in place with out the adhesive. This also makes it removable.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:31 PM
v2plus15
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: soos

Just on the outside chance he may have a luggage rack on top of his tour pak, he could just unscrew the screws holding it in place and pierce 4 holes thru the organizer backing which is a stiff sheet of plastic and refasten the screws thru the organizer thus holding it in place with out the adhesive. This also makes it removable.
I used the tape and the fasteners from my luggage rack to secure mine to the lid. That sucker isn't going anywhere.....

Old 12-10-2006, 08:50 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Thundercloud

They stick to the lid with VHB ( Very High Bonding ) tape by 3M. Make sure it is straight, because once it's there it's there for ever that tape is unbelievable

No holes at all. And that sounds like a nice gift!!!!

Thanks! That sure sounds easy enough.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:59 PM
dirtnap664
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: soos

Thanks for the idea, but no luggage rack on the tour pak.

Quick Reply: Tour pack Lid Organizer