Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modify Harleys Run/Turn/Brake to Turn/Brake

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:36 AM
jonjen2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modify Harleys Run/Turn/Brake to Turn/Brake

Anyone here been successful in modifying the Run/Turn/Brake module from harley to just Turn/Brake? Ive been told by my buddies that there is not much difference from run to brake when they are behind me, they say that they wont ride with me anymore unless I can get this fixed. Think I saw somewahere someone posted that they modded theirs that way but cant figure out how they did it (they didnt say how). If you know please send a PM or post is here. Thank in advance!

Old 01-06-2012, 10:42 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

All it does it make the turn signals light up with the brake and running lights.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:43 AM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member
Received 458 Likes on 323 Posts

Do a search in here in the touring section. I remember some had a detailed write up in what they did.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:00 AM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I used when I did mine. I didn't create them but did find them here on the site. Gives you just turn and stop with the signal lights. Hope this helps.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:06 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought they sold one without the run function. No?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:12 AM
RDM
Road Master

A couple of weeks ago I was looking for one to put on my rodie and according to the parts guy (cough cough) at the local dealer they don't. Only the run/turn/stop based on what I was told. This worked on the one for my 08 and it worked for the one I just bought.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:27 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default I Don't Understand

Originally Posted by jonjen2
Anyone here been successful in modifying the Run/Turn/Brake module from harley to just Turn/Brake? Ive been told by my buddies that there is not much difference from run to brake when they are behind me, they say that they wont ride with me anymore unless I can get this fixed. Think I saw somewahere someone posted that they modded theirs that way but cant figure out how they did it (they didnt say how). If you know please send a PM or post is here. Thank in advance!
Excuse my ignorance but if the bike has a conversion module in it why don't you just unplug it and put the bike back to factory stock? Your friends couldn't possibly be offended by that setup unless their intentions were to get you to run with NO RUNNING LIGHTS?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 323 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
Excuse my ignorance but if the bike has a conversion module in it why don't you just unplug it and put the bike back to factory stock? Your friends couldn't possibly be offended by that setup unless their intentions were to get you to run with NO RUNNING LIGHTS?
Either that or get some friends that aren't total pussies.

Zach

Old 01-06-2012, 11:54 AM
JJHOG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonjen2
I not buying what your'e buddies are saying UNLESS you have changed your brake and turn signal lamps to something even brighter than stock. You can get higher intensity 1157 type bulbs which puts out a very brighter (run) light which when you put on your brakes there's not enough of a intensity factor difference to let someone see that you actually have put on your brakes. If this is the case then obviously you need to reinstall your original 1157 bulbs.

On the otherhand, if you haven't changed the bulbs, I point out that the reason you did the modification is because you wanted to be seen from behind. If your friends aren't seeing that you have put on your brakes then they're not really paying much attention and I suggest for your safety that you tell them you'll follow them instead.

I've been running the Turn Signal Modifaction on my RK ever since HD brought it out and never had any complaints. Now that I have the Ultra with the Tour Pak not only am I running the Turn Signal Mod but I've also installed the Tour Pak Mod which convert the TP running lights into run/brake/signal functions.

Last edited by JJHOG; 01-06-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:15 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior

Seems clear enough from the OP, riding behind someone where there is no discernible difference between run and brake is essentially the same as riding behind someone with no brake lights.

Your mates sound like they are just looking out for you - and winding you up a tad which is what all mates should do anyway! Basically I would agree with them though - which by the sound of your opening post you do

Good luck

Quick Reply: Modify Harleys Run/Turn/Brake to Turn/Brake