Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modify Harleys Run/Turn/Brake to Turn/Brake

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Smokengun
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you got it fixed ok. But in this similar situation can you also maybe add one of those modules that make the braking function pulse or flash? Only downside is the module would cost where as the fix you did was free.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:54 PM
jonjen2
Tourer

SKRATCH, Dude, seriously!?!?!?! That would be freakin' awesome. I was kinda worried about the whole modding of the module, but I wasnt gonna shell out good money after bad. I'll take you up on the modded one if your serious. Thanks! I'll PM you in a minute.

Thanks again, Some of you guys here are just way too nice. I'll remember this and "Pay it forward" someday!

Originally Posted by skratch
no, they used to, several years ago. but not any longer

because by doing that, the turn signals would no longer function as an aux brake light.

no, the module will make the running lights appear very bright and it will look like your brake lights are on, until you hit your brakes and you see an increase in intensity. i followed the instructions above and it worked great.

i don't know why anyone is bitching at the op, all he wants to do is convert his run/brake/turn module into a brake/turn module. does that really require an *** pounding? why does he have to be limited to what someone else (in this case the moco) says that he should do? if anyone of you has put on shorter shocks, different fork springs, or any other mod, then you're being hypocritical. its okay for you to change the way the moco said it should be done, but not the op?

to the op: if you want to pay the postage, i'll send you a modified r/b/t module that i had on my 07 to see if you like it, before you go chopping yours up. i can't use it on my 10 anyway since the moco did away with the fender mounted taillight.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:34 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I can understand what the OP is saying, I have the module and my Pals tell me it's hard to see when I use my signal in bright sunlight, at night or low light there obviously no problem. I think it might be more pronounced with the BrightAss tail light that I have installed. Because of this I'm most likley going to install LED signals hoping they show up better.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Somewhere on here is another thread with the original fix. It was found the "fix" only works on the older R/B/T module. I found the new module (that you can't jump out) works very well on my 09 UC. The contrast is quite discernible in all light conditions with the original lightbulbs so I gave up trying to jump out the R circuit. For Christmas I rec'd a complete set of LED turn signals from Custom Dynamics and the contrast is unbelievable with the LED's. Even more pleased with R/B/T set up.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:55 AM
quickster47
Club Member

Originally Posted by jonjen2
Anyone here been successful in modifying the Run/Turn/Brake module from harley to just Turn/Brake? Ive been told by my buddies that there is not much difference from run to brake when they are behind me, they say that they wont ride with me anymore unless I can get this fixed. Think I saw somewahere someone posted that they modded theirs that way but cant figure out how they did it (they didnt say how). If you know please send a PM or post is here. Thank in advance!
Does anyone know the part number for this device, Run/Turn/Brake module, from Harley?

Carl

Old 01-10-2012, 08:34 AM
jonjen2
Tourer

Quickster47,

Carl,

The HD part # for Touring with the flat lense is 69461-06C. For any other model someone else will have to chime in.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Old 01-10-2012, 09:11 AM
jay72
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Am in agreement with JJHOG. The more light on the rear of the bike to let followers know that you are stopping, the better. As stated above, the only reason that you would not be seen from the rear is that you have installed high intensity bulbs that have the appearance of no additional light emmittance with the brake applied. You choose to be seen and not overrun.

Old 01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,372 Likes on 2,544 Posts

Originally Posted by jay72
Am in agreement with JJHOG. The more light on the rear of the bike to let followers know that you are stopping, the better. As stated above, the only reason that you would not be seen from the rear is that you have installed high intensity bulbs that have the appearance of no additional light emmittance with the brake applied. You choose to be seen and not overrun.

have you ever been behind someone and thought that their brakelights were stuck on? that's what the r/t/b module looks like. yes, there is a discernable difference when you do actually hit the brakes, but before that, it sure does look like they are on. and that can be as bad as no brake lights.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:10 PM
jonjen2
Tourer

SKRATCH, You got it absolutely correct, I could not say it any better. Not only that I hate that when the bike in in ACC that the running lights (Turn Sigs) on the rear are lit. I cant wait for the "better" controller from you to arrive. By then it will be to damn cold to ride, they are calling for 20's later this week.

Old 03-08-2019, 04:28 PM
justmealwatts
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the modification info and pics on the R/T/B module...just what I have been looking for...awesome

Quick Reply: Modify Harleys Run/Turn/Brake to Turn/Brake