Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone tell me if they are not happy with LA Choppers lowering kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 07:49 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Can anyone tell me if they are not happy with LA Choppers lowering kit?

I have been looking at the different types of lowering kits. While I'm not crazy about the inexpensive kits that change the angle of the shocks I was interested in the LA Chopper kit that lowers the shocks straight down. I watched their video of the install and the brackets look like they are quality pieces. Looks like the kit sells for about $105.00 which is more than most of the others but may well be worth the money. Just looking for some of you that have these and your opinion of them.As always thanks for your comments.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Tee Bagger
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have that kit...very happy with it!! As far as the other kits...you get what you pay for.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,165 Likes on 3,675 Posts

I had one on my bike...worked fine but i decided i didn't want it on because i ride curvy roads a lot and it drug a bit too much for me.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Wv7o
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had this kit on my street glide but I eventually removed it when I removed the progressive front lowering kit.

FYI when installed this kit moves your shocks outward about a 1/4 inch, decreasing or eliminating the gap between the saddle bags and the shock boot.

The kit does come with everything you may need to space the bags out away from the shocks in order to keep them from rubbing on each other.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:26 PM
X Iron Butt
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This is a well made kit. I had to remove because of rubbing but I would think any kit that lowered an inch would do the same. Heavy cast or billet steel bracket. Spacers for saddle bag clearance gave enough room they did not touch the shock. I have seen some mechanics remove the shock boots to keep from adding spacers. Those mech's don't work on my bike. Might be able to go to a metric dealer and get it through Drag for less. I have a local metric who sells me AM parts for 20% off. His boss didn't like it but he told him we would buy somewhere else if he didn't offer the discount. 30 yrs @ -20% has been pretty good.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Smokengun
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the kit on mine. So far so good. I apparently didn't see the spacer thing for the saddlebags. My shocks do touch the bags though a little. I've ridden like that a little and no scratches or marks on the bags though. Lucky I guess. But I think I'll put on a piece of felt or something where the shock meets the bag just in case. Let it rub on the felt.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:03 PM
blockzilla
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

best kit available....PERIOD... and dont pay $105.00 , thats the GOING price... I'm almost $20.00 cheaper ....I have a brand new one listed on EBAY right now ..BUY IT NOW priced at $87.99

Old 01-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

ebay 1-3" kit installed on mine a couple years ago. i have it at the 1" position with no problems at all.

3" will rub the wiring harness in the fender but it looks badass.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:11 PM
WEINERDOGBONE
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

LA Choopers is a high quality kit. It won't fit on a Street Glide with Progressive shocks. I already tried that and the kit is lying in my toolbox.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:22 PM
xjayx
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the LA choppers lowering block but it only fits with stock shocks, switched to a 20 dollar eBay kit with my progressives and it fit fine. I would just buy one on eBay if your only gonna lower your bike 1". Mines rubed the saddle bags too but with the "cheap" lowering kit it fits fine, and rides even better with the progressive shocks.

Jay

Quick Reply: Can anyone tell me if they are not happy with LA Choppers lowering kit?