Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Classic looks

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012 | 03:53 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member

They do look awesome! But, I am way too lazy to keep up with
keeping them looking good. I have a friend who had them on his bike, and the only time they got cleaned was when he brought the bike in for service!
They looked so crappy, one time I actually cleaned them for him! HAHA
Of coursed the next time he came over, they looked like carp again.

Old 01-04-2012 | 04:28 PM
SunCruise
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ragtop
They do look awesome! But, I am way too lazy to keep up with
keeping them looking good. I have a friend who had them on his bike, and the only time they got cleaned was when he brought the bike in for service!
They looked so crappy, one time I actually cleaned them for him! HAHA
Of coursed the next time he came over, they looked like carp again.
Your a good friend. Next time just do the front tire on one side !!

It really isn't a PIA if you jack the bike up and wash/detail.... gives you time to poke around and look at things make sure things ain't danglin..loose..ect.
SC

Old 01-04-2012 | 05:18 PM
97HeritageSpringer
Tourer

A Road King Classic is the only touring bike I would ever consider owning, and the wires and white walls are the reason for that! - well, besides that big honkin' beautiful chrome headlight!

Old 01-04-2012 | 05:19 PM
97HeritageSpringer
Tourer

BTW, Suncruise, your bike is gorgeous. I want a black RKC with hard bags and a solo seat in the worst way!

Old 01-04-2012 | 05:24 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

Ever since I started using the bike jack I've always wondered what was hard about washing the WWW's? I wash my bike 3x a summer and the whitewalls take all of 5 minutes each. I'll tell you what takes time, its cleaning the water spots off the chrome that takes a hell'uva lot longer. Use a jack, Wesleys and McClean Magic Erasers...real easy and the compliments from other riders makes it all worth it. IMO, the RKC was built around the WWW's and anything less dilutes the entire bike.

Last edited by Whiskers; 01-04-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-04-2012 | 05:48 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RaceFace
Lyndal's have less dust?? My rear can't be seen much, but it seems thats the one that gets the dirtiest.
Yes!! Get the Z-Plus. You can thank me later. There is a fractional amount of dust now.

Old 01-04-2012 | 06:02 PM
jimmything
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Ever since I started using the bike jack I've always wondered what was hard about washing the WWW's? I wash my bike 3x a summer and the whitewalls take all of 5 minutes each. I'll tell you what takes time, its cleaning the water spots off the chrome that takes a hell'uva lot longer. Use a jack, Wesleys and McClean Magic Erasers...real easy and the compliments from other riders makes it all worth it. IMO, the RKC was built around the WWW's and anything less dilutes the entire bike.

Day-yum...them be white walls...

Old 01-04-2012 | 06:03 PM
one-up
Road Warrior

I've had 2 Road King FLHR's. The reason I didn't buy the RKC is because of the wheels and tires. Not because I don't like them, but because of the high maintenance. I even had a dealer offer to swap the wheels off a RK to put on a RKC to make the sale. Well, puttin' 28 spoke knuckles wheels on a RKC will kill the looks too. I love the RKC and part of the look of that motorcycle is the spoke wheels and wide whitewall tires (along with the tooled leather seat and leather saddlebags). My friend put blackwalls on his RKC and lost "the look" of the CLASSIC.

My $0.02

Old 01-04-2012 | 06:19 PM
fm58
Tourer

Gave up on mine. Too much of a hassle

Old 01-04-2012 | 06:50 PM
coz300
Intermediate

I just bought a 2002 FLHR and the first thing I did was ditch the mags for some new spoked wheels and WW tires.

Quick Reply: Classic looks