Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Boom Audio??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 10:13 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I received the 4 Boom Audio speakers as a gift and they are a noticeable upgrade from stock.

If I was gonna spend the dough I'd get a Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4 amp, two T-1S652 speakers (and adapters) for the fairing and two T-152 for the pods. Only cost about a benjamin and a grant more than the Boom upgrade and would be significantly better sound.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:17 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by sublime_ac
Harley speakers are a'ight... But there are much better alternatives. Polk Marine grade, Arc Audio Moto Series and J&M Rokkers all stomp the Harley speakers. Arc Audio amps fit nicely in the fairings and are small / lightweight. I have a KS125.4 driving four JL coaxials in my bike and it rocks better than the boom audio. I am going to try out the Arc Audio Moto series during my next round of updates.. I hear they sound great.
Suggestion: Every time you mention your installation of the Arc KS125.4, please also mention that you purchased and installed the $149 right fairing bracket from Eastside HD to aid in the installation. It's great that you did the install yourself, and I've no doubt that the amp and speakers work well. But w/o mentioning the use of the $149 bracket, some may be misled to think that the Arc 125.4 can be installed (easily) w/o the Eastside HD bracket, only to encounter fitment problems w/o the Eastside HD bracket.

Carl

Old 02-22-2012, 01:23 AM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Suggestion: Every time you mention your installation of the Arc KS125.4, please also mention that you purchased and installed the $149 right fairing bracket from Eastside HD to aid in the installation. It's great that you did the install yourself, and I've no doubt that the amp and speakers work well. But w/o mentioning the use of the $149 bracket, some may be misled to think that the Arc 125.4 can be installed (easily) w/o the Eastside HD bracket, only to encounter fitment problems w/o the Eastside HD bracket.

Carl
Fair enough.. It can be installed without the bracket, but the bracket does make it a good bit easier...

Old 02-22-2012, 02:11 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregjc68
I have a 2006 Ultra Classic with the stock 80 watt system with original speakers, I am looking to upgrade to the Harley Boom speakers also adding the base tour pack ports for the rear speakers. My questions are for those who have this upgrade, first is there a noticiable difference from stock to the new speakers, second do the bass ports make a difference I am not looking for ground shaking bass just a little more than already exists.
Yes, you'll notice an improvement over the POS OEM speakers.

As for Bass Port Kit, yes, they'll make a difference. Whether they're worth the $79 cost, you can decide. Like the speakers, adding the Bass Ports won't be "OMG" different than what you already have.

Carl

Old 02-22-2012, 09:31 AM
X Iron Butt
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Yes, you'll notice an improvement over the POS OEM speakers.

As for Bass Port Kit, yes, they'll make a difference. Whether they're worth the $79 cost, you can decide. Like the speakers, adding the Bass Ports won't be "OMG" different than what you already have.

Carl
Don't forget the $40 reflash recomended on the last page of the Bass Port installation instructions. The software is free with purchase but at most stealers you have to pay 1/2 hr shop fee.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:50 PM
05LowRider
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

X Iron Butt. Sorry I didn't get back to your question. I lost track of this thread. Short answer is...I don't remember how much I spent on the hog tunes stuff. Bought it used and I don't recall how much I paid. The hawg wired stuff. Payed way too much for it. I didn't know about some of our board members who sell that line. I bought directly from the company and it was nearly a grand. Just like seats and pipes. Damned expensive trial and error until I figured out what I wanted!