Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another dealer closed

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 05:29 PM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another dealer closed

As of dec 23 lighthouse hd in suffolk cty ny closed there doors.the bad thing is they sold gift cards right before the holidays..they have a recording saying that there working with a local dealer to honor them..i think they closed with peoples bike in service..damm thats messed up

Old 01-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Hog Yild
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was Lighthouse HD, in one of the new style dealerships? I think Harley forcing these dealerships to move out by the major highways with new buildings, and standardized "franchised appearance" with high overhead and then loaning them the money to do it, is the demise of a number of these dealerships.

Old 01-01-2012, 05:41 PM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain

It was a fairly new dealer.this place was huge it has classic bike area.2 floors elevator parts and clothes had separate room.prob.what put them out

Old 01-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

This kind of business decision usually happens without any warning. The owner could give a **** about the guys with bikes in the service bays. Then you have all of the employees that lost jobs. I am certain that the gift cards were sold by employees with no idea that the dealership was going out. I feel for the employees, not the owner.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you haven't noticed, the economy is tetering on collapse. 9% unemplyoment, $100.00 barrel oil, trillions of dollars in debt, Chinese imported goods, Expect more of the same.

Last edited by Harleyboyddk; 01-01-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Critter210
5th Gear

Detroit Harley is the lastest here in Michigan.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:34 PM
electradad
Cruiser
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by harleyboyddk
if you haven't noticed, the economy is tetering on collapse. 9% unemplyoment, $100.00 barrel oil, trillions of dollars in debt, chinese imported goods, expect more of the same.

yup!!

Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 AM
imskier2
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Look at this

Attached Thumbnails another dealer closed-lighthouse-hd.jpg  
Old 01-02-2012, 07:40 AM
z71_fourwheelin
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Critter210
Detroit Harley is the lastest here in Michigan.
When did Detroit HD close?

Old 01-02-2012, 08:03 AM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by speedwaysteve
As of dec 23 lighthouse hd in suffolk cty ny closed there doors.the bad thing is they sold gift cards right before the holidays..they have a recording saying that there working with a local dealer to honor them..i think they closed with peoples bike in service..damm thats messed up
Despite a very positive experience I had at the parts counter on one occasion, this seems to be right in line with how they operated. Please understand that I cannot say that about the entire store and all its employees, but I tried hard to buy a bike there in 2010...and I tried REAL hard, returning three days in a row, telling them I was buying a bike THAT WEEK. After the 5th time my salesman returned with permission to (once again) lower the price for me, the bike, spec'd out the same way, came to $1,265 dollars more than I paid for it at another dealership. Mind you, this price differential was on a $16K bike, not a $40K bike!

Lighthouse is not alone. I tried (real) hard to buy a bike at another local dealership the week before. Dealer wouldn't budge one single dollar. I politely thanked him for his time, wondering how and why his doors were still open.

See ya...

Quick Reply: another dealer closed