Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another dealer closed

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 02:56 PM
woznotwoz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Over in the Uk there has been a number of large dealer closures within the last 3-6 months including 2 Harley franchises in large city areas (Manchester and Leeds). However, it should be noted that in the UK these days Harley dealers are usually part of larger car franchise dealerships with multiple outlets. Harley dealers are more like an 'add on hobby' business as these large businesses see a lot of money to be made on Harleys. By and large Harley is doing very well in the UK. I believe the only reason these two dealerships closed was because of the financial situations with other parts of these multi franchised companies.

I don't know how many original type Harley dealers there in the UK, probably only one called Warr's (in London). They have been a Harley dealer since 1924 and are Europes oldest dealer.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:09 AM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by LarryLives
"Huge Chunk" is an understatement!
oh, And I agree with 99%er too...

In short (lol), Its all about if the primary owner cares enough.
ie= spend $ to stay with the times, move/stay to where the biz is, and ride/know the product and make sure their employees do as well.
In short responses:
1. I totally agree, The dealer in Israel don't know Jack (or Jill) he's only interested in the $$'s . No idea that installation of upgrades/parts is by the book not however you wanna-do-it. (Had accessory lights installed & his team left the wires exposed, not covered with anything!)

2. Know the product; Again the dealer here dosen't know anything about sound systems, he believes that after 120 KPH (70 - 75 MPH) you will never hear the radio! Upgrades, what upgrades? Also he never suggests any type of upgrade, believing factory is absolutely the best you can get so leave it that way, stock rules, never upgrade!

He's got almost nothing I need to upgrade my sportster so I must have everything shipped form home (Missouri), what a drag, but, the cost would be outrageous if he did import.

And the real kicker, there's only one dealer! No one else!?!