Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another dealer closed

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Hecklerboy
Road Warrior
Received 893 Likes on 387 Posts

Our Harley shop here is booming (New River Gorge Harley Davidson). They are #2 in the region and on there way to becoming #1.
They treat you right and go out of their way to help you out. Even if you didn't buy your bike there. They keep their overhead down by just hiring who they need.
The manager is the only salesperson. He busts his but to make sure everyone feels welcome and never pressures anyone to buy.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:21 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bgdv1
felt the MOCO crunch here in Pa. Zanotti HD closed up dec 31st. they have some left over inventory they are trying to sell and have a skeleton sales crew staying to see what can be sold.
I just saw that today. Too bad, I liked those guys. Only bought over the internet, but always good prices and good service.

Old 01-02-2012, 05:12 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 569 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by Baffler1
I am probably going to show my age - but I remember when HD only had 1 dealership per county here on Long Island - then there were suffolk, lighthouse, eastern, & oakdale in suffolk county & nassau & miracle mile in nassau county & they all built those huge buildings of worship & it was just a matter of oversaturation - sure it was more convienent to get to a dealership but bikes are not like cars - they don't have as large an audience so now with the economy in the ******* the fallout is unstopable - sad!
In the city we had Brooklyn Staten island and New york.Brooklyn couldn't find a larger place,so they were shuttered.Staten island is ok,Nyc completetely sucks!

Old 01-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Baffler1
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bklynbob
In the city we had Brooklyn Staten island and New york.Brooklyn couldn't find a larger place,so they were shuttered.Staten island is ok,Nyc completetely sucks!
yeah I bought my 06SG at NYC on northern blvd good price in Oct 2007 but delivery was a nightmare they didn't even put my plate on till I complained - they just don't care

Old 01-03-2012, 04:27 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

New Roc in New Rochelle, NY filed for chapter 11. I doubt they will emerge from it. The old Brooklyn Harley lost his battle with the MoCo and went Victory and Polaris. He is now shutting down completely next month. Reggie Pink in White Plains is gone. NYC HD SUCKS A**. Bad attitude at Danbury HD. Heard bad things about the dealer in Belmore on Sunrise Hwy. The only place that I would go for a new bike is O'Tooles in Wurtzboro.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Thor
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Baffler1
I am probably going to show my age - but I remember when HD only had 1 dealership per county here on Long Island ... they don't have as large an audience so now with the economy in the ******* the fallout is unstopable - sad!
Hell, to show *my* age, I remember when Trenton Harley was situatred at the end of some rowhomes on South Broad St...just enough room for a few bikes and shirts, and a few of the staff were patched, but they treated the customers right

Old 01-04-2012, 06:00 AM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Just got a email from a buddy and New Roc will open on Jan 8th....They had a long vacation...

Old 01-04-2012, 06:05 AM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerry1834
Just got a email from a buddy and New Roc will open on Jan 8th....They had a long vacation...
They are in chapter 11.

http://business-bankruptcies.com/cas...otorcycles-llc

Old 01-08-2012, 07:56 AM
sovereignmgmt
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by howitzer88
They reopened last Tuesday.
They are in bankruptcy but it is reorganization not dissolution and as of now are still honoring the gift cards that are out there. Used mine up yesterday.

Looked like business as usual.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:01 AM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was talk of new roc being taken over or sold to someone who has a bunch of hd dealers

Quick Reply: another dealer closed