Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another dealer closed

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 11:06 AM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by speedwaysteve
Torquey not sure if you bought a bike already..ruben at suffolk seems to be cool to deal with.i always bought my bikes out of state untill recently. Gave suffolk a shot had a very good experience there
He is excellent. In fact, he should give lessons.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:09 AM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddy33
+1 Rubens is a good guy.
Yes, he certainly is. They should clone him.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:31 AM
bgdv1
Road Master
Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts

felt the MOCO crunch here in Pa. Zanotti HD closed up dec 31st. they have some left over inventory they are trying to sell and have a skeleton sales crew staying to see what can be sold.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,609 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Ann Arbor and Brighton HD were the same owner, they decided to consolidate, I'm guessing not enough business for both since they are reasonably close to each other.

As for Detroit HD, they were struggling and I know for a fact that a few dealership owners in the area paid him to go out of business. Its not uncommon.

Originally Posted by z71_fourwheelin
When did Detroit HD close?
Originally Posted by Critter210
About 4 months ago! Lost Ann Arbor Harley 2 years before that.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Baffler1
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am probably going to show my age - but I remember when HD only had 1 dealership per county here on Long Island - then there were suffolk, lighthouse, eastern, & oakdale in suffolk county & nassau & miracle mile in nassau county & they all built those huge buildings of worship & it was just a matter of oversaturation - sure it was more convienent to get to a dealership but bikes are not like cars - they don't have as large an audience so now with the economy in the ******* the fallout is unstopable - sad!

Old 01-02-2012, 12:16 PM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember when suffolk hd was on 109 tiny lil place..eastern was in moriches..hempstead hd was in the hood ..lol

Old 01-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Baffler1
Road Warrior

I remember when suffolk hd was on 109 tiny lil place..eastern was in moriches..hempstead hd was in the hood ..lol
I do too - bought my first harley there - a 1972 XLCH - had to order it & wait months to get it!

Old 01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
KahunaJim
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleyboyddk
If you haven't noticed, the economy is tetering on collapse. 9% unemplyoment, $100.00 barrel oil, trillions of dollars in debt, Chinese imported goods, Expect more of the same.
Hard to notice when you walk in a dealer....by the way most treat you, the unwillingness to deal and the prices they charge, $300 oil changes, $30 dollar t-shirts you'd think the economy was booming with full employment and we were all making 30 dollars an hour

Old 01-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Baffler1
Road Warrior

and before hempstead it was located in Lynbrook - and Ben ran the place in both locations! Until he got shot dead that is

Old 01-02-2012, 01:08 PM
1HarleyGuy1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Baffler1
I am probably going to show my age - but I remember when HD only had 1 dealership per county here on Long Island - then there were suffolk, lighthouse, eastern, & oakdale in suffolk county & nassau & miracle mile in nassau county & they all built those huge buildings of worship & it was just a matter of oversaturation - sure it was more convienent to get to a dealership but bikes are not like cars - they don't have as large an audience so now with the economy in the ******* the fallout is unstopable - sad!
I know that up here in Canada the dealerships are strictly controlled as to where each can open. By that I mean there are distance and population restrictions so that a new dealer can't open within a certain distance of another one.
I agree that the buildings are cookie-cutter and when I go in one I feel like I'm in a fashion boutique, not a bike shop.

1HarleyGuy1

Quick Reply: another dealer closed