Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CFR Slip-on's

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 03:00 PM
lukemc7
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CFR Slip-on's

Santa was nice and brought me a set of CFR Slip-on's.
put them on today and took them on a short ride WOW!!! they sound great. About to go on a longer ride (200+) miles. we shall see how they are at cruising speeds and such. so far I am thoroughly impressed with the sound, fit, and looks.

my roommate has a street glide with true duals and Rinehardt 3.5s, they are a little louder at high rpm but dont have the same deep rumble.

I will try to get a sound clip up later today.

Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:02 PM
OutlawBagger
Road Captain

I'd be interested in the sound difference between the CFR's and the Rinehardt 3.5 true duals. I have the Rinehardt's and was thinking about the CFR's.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:06 PM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 96 Likes on 70 Posts

Put true duals on with the CFR's.

Mine is borderline too loud when full boogie is requested.

The growl they give off when shifting is what hooked me...you won't get this with just stock headpipes or 2-1-2 head pipes.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:21 PM
HighLiner
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Somebody told me they don't make CFRs for the true duals because of the 2" inlet. True or false?

Old 12-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Bushpilot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the rinehart true dual exhaust and did not have good luck with them. I heard the CFR with true duals at Sturgis and bought my own set. I love the deep rumble and sound they make. I pull up at the dealer and everyone comes over to see what pipes i have on my bike.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:52 PM
Bushpilot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CFR fits on Vance and Hines True duals. That is what I have mine combined with.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:54 PM
lukemc7
Cruiser

Over the weekend I put about 350 miles on the bike. and coincidentally the person I rode with has the Reinhardt 3.5s on his 08 Street glide with true dual headers, he now wants to get a set of CFR slip ons. The Reinhardt Slip ons are a very nice pipe and would be my second choice for a slip on but it is a very distant second.

To me the sound is what it would sound like if Harley made a V-twin Indy car. Its a deep mean pissed off sounding growl that sounds like no other pipe I have ever heard.

All in all I Couldn't be happier with this exhaust from 0-redline they are hands down the best sounding exhaust IMHO.

Also I emailed and got a response from Cary about a head pipe that he has been building just to mate perfectly with these slip on's. he said they will be available sometime this January.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by lukemc7
Over the weekend I put about 350 miles on the bike. and coincidentally the person I rode with has the Reinhardt 3.5s on his 08 Street glide with true dual headers, he now wants to get a set of CFR slip ons. The Reinhardt Slip ons are a very nice pipe and would be my second choice for a slip on but it is a very distant second.

To me the sound is what it would sound like if Harley made a V-twin Indy car.
I have a friend who has the CFRs. He loves them, too. They sound good, but like you said, they have more of a car sound. I always thought they sounded like a muscle car exhaust. Then again, I've don't think we've ever improved on the sound of a shovel into short drag pipes.

It takes all kinds, though. It's cool you've found the sound that appeals to your ears

Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 AM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the cfr's along with their duals love the sound as well.I dont know about "car" sound more like a downshifting "semi".

Old 01-04-2012, 01:07 PM
IDLH9143
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rick
I have the cfr's along with their duals love the sound as well.I dont know about "car" sound more like a downshifting "semi".
"Their" duals? Are you talking about CFR duals? Are they out yet? I got some CFRs a few weeks ago and love the sound, too. Deep and mean, just what I was looking for. And not too loud, either, but I think I'm also half deaf. I can still hear the radio at 70 - sometimes even have to turn it down a little.

Mine are starting to blue on the right side up by the front where the slip-on meets the head pipe. I've only got about 600 miles on them. Everything else is stock. You guys think it might be from the heat build up in the cat? I don't have any problem on the left side. Or do you think that a tuner would help the engine run a little cooler and thereby stop the pipe from blueing? Anybody else have this problem?

Quick Reply: CFR Slip-on's