Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbing's Rocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts

Like many others, after my first ride with heated gear my first question was, "Why did I wait so long?".

Old 01-01-2012, 08:20 AM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a difference the heated gloves made!!!!!!! Hands/ fingers are the only part that gets cold on me, cured. The controller pouch pretty much sucked trying to keep it on my belt, gotta find a cure for that.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:56 AM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

Gloves and jacket liner= the best $400 bucks I could spend.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:01 AM
NC Patriot Rider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Gerbing heated gear is great. I'm using the gloves, jacket line, over-pants, and socks. Ridden in the mid 20's. Didn't get cold, and I don't handle the cold very well.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:02 AM
NC Patriot Rider
Intermediate

Originally Posted by horseplay
The controller pouch pretty much sucked trying to keep it on my belt, gotta find a cure for that.
Velcro is your friend.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:10 AM
65_Mutt
Advanced

I love my gloves and jacket liner too - I haven't picked up the pants yet, but there on my list.

Old 01-01-2012, 09:35 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

At 30 - 40 degrees you're just teasing that gear. I've done full speed interstate rides, long distance, with temps in single digits. The Gerbing gear will keep ya toasty warm.

Oh, any my solution for the controller is to clip it to the front pocket on my vest. That has worked very well for me for several years. And it works no matter what bike you are riding.

Last edited by SportyPig; 01-01-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:05 PM
jbkrab
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went for a New Years Day ride, decided to wear all of my heated gear. Started out sunny and nice about 50* didn't need the gear, but all of a sudden it got dark and started to get wet and cold. Sleet and rain for 40 miles. Got to tell you all I did was turn on the gear and I was toasty warm.
If there is anything you really need to buy if you want to extend your riding season, then you should "invest" in the HD/Gebring Heated jacket, pant liners and heated gloves (G3 is what I have). Haven't met anyone who says anything bad about the gear yet. I have to say I plan on riding till the first real snow and then I will debate once the salt goes down, may be I'll ride the Metric then, but I will try to be a 12 month rider.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:04 AM
glasspilot
Road Master
Received 271 Likes on 155 Posts

What has worked for me is to clip the dual controller to my right pocket of my leather coat. I reach over with my left hand and adjust the *****. Gerbing made the ***** large enough to work with the gloves. Left **** for jacket liner, right **** for gloves.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:11 AM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

^^^the optional $10 clip case for the heat controller is really pretty much a must have, don't know why they don't include this as standard. Having to hide the controller inside a pocket and then remove it for adjustment sucks compared with being able to clip it to the outside of your jacket and adjust the temp while riding. The wireless controllers Warm&Safe make, make a lot of sense when you can just velcro them to the tank or other area of your bike when you consider this.

When I first got a heated jacket liner I used it to replace my regular insulated liner. This worked well down to ~40F but much cooler and I find the best setup is with the heated liner under the regular insulated liner. The Gerbings heated liner does not seem to have much insulation on it's own. With the insulation over top I can run it on a lower setting and get more even heat with fewer drafts.

Last edited by fat_tony; 01-02-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Gerbing's Rocks