Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warped Rotor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 02:24 AM
Cheese Head
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PerformanceFrictionBrakes
give me a call when you are ready to buy new brake pads and we waive the shipping charges
803-616-4354 ext 8153
Do you have a price list that you PM me? I'm thinking that I might replace the pads since I will have everything apart to replace the rotors. (I really feel like I will be wasting good brake pads though. The current pads have about 4,500 miles on them and plenty of pad remaining.)

Old 01-05-2012, 07:10 AM
PerformanceFrictionBrakes
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PFC Brakes

Hello. You find the price list at the link here below.
http://www.performancefriction.com/R...ts_catalog.pdf
The pads you need are the 7627.10's. They sell for $56.25 per caliper set. The HD Forum discounted price is $46.
This is a god deal and you are still going to get the value out of your money being this consumables.

Thanks
803-222-2141 x8153

Old 01-05-2012, 12:11 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jmacdonald5
...yup..I got the same thing goin on...17K on the bike...looks like one, or both of the front rotors is warped...real strong "pulsating" feeling when I apply front brakes...only remedy I ever heard of is replacement...some people might try to have rotors "turned'..I wouldn't..good luck
I have the same brakes as you do and have a warped rear rotor. I agree that replacement is the only option and will find a good used one on Ebay when I get ready to replace the rear tire again. I'm not keen on hassling with removing the rear wheel unless necessary, so I'll procrastinate. I've had floaters on the front of my last two bikes (EBC and HD) and have had no trouble with them, and I may go with a floater on the rear too this next time around. They isolate heat and flex better than stock rotors, especially the older type that have no floater ring like the newer Brembo bikes have, although I don't know how much the single-ring design helps in this regard. The newer bikes have one floater ring while the true floaters have multiple rings.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:13 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by jmacdonald5
...yup..I got the same thing goin on...17K on the bike...looks like one, or both of the front rotors is warped...real strong "pulsating" feeling when I apply front brakes...only remedy I ever heard of is replacement...some people might try to have rotors "turned'..I wouldn't..good luck
I have the same brakes as you do and have a warped rear rotor. I agree that replacement is the only option and will find a good used one on Ebay when I get ready to replace the rear tire again. I'm not keen on hassling with removing the rear wheel unless necessary, so I'll procrastinate. I've had floaters on the front of my last two bikes (EBC and HD) and have had no trouble with them, and I may go with a floater on the rear too this next time around. They isolate heat and flex better than stock rotors, especially the older type that have no floater ring like the newer Brembo bikes have, although I don't know how much the ring helps in this regard. The newer bikes have one floater ring (little or no heat isolation and minimal flex) while the true floaters have multiple rings (more heat isolation and flex).