Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gopro hd hero users

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 09:18 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I mounted the GoPro right to the nose of the shark nose fairing with the big suction cup. Worked fine in test conditions. All that was missing was a remote which I see will be available in April 2012 for some of their cameras. Pretty cool.

Has anyone tried the 3D camera?

Old 02-26-2012, 09:27 PM
FloridaFLHX
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Subscribed. Getting a GoPro in time for a May trip to the Grand Canyon.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:38 PM
whitecoyote
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by whitecoyote
I'm interested in getting a GoPro 2. A couple questions for you GoPro users.
*How long does a battery charge last in the unit?
*Is the only way to recharge the unit by pluging it into a computer, or is there a unit to plug into a wall socket?

I'm planning a trip out West, but will not have a computer for recharging. I was just wondering what my options are if the battery needs to be recharged.
Thanks.
Originally Posted by CruzN
I picked up a wall charger on Amazon.com for $22.00 with two extra batteries.
The charger comes with wall / cigarette adapter cords.
Just amazon.com for GoPro Batterry
Thanks CruzN I found it.
Ordered a GoPro 2, and wall charger (w/2 batteries) from Amazon.com

Old 02-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

I use a Ram Mount system that attaches to the handlebar with a small 'u' clamp and ball. There's 3" arm that attaches to that. I then mounted the GoPro on the arm. this leaves me with a full range of motion to level/adjust the camera. The camera is attached to the mount with the stick on helmet mount that comes with the camera. The 'wedge' you see is just a Lexan wafer that I made, with a 1/4x20 threaded hole in it. The whole assembly gets screw onto the Ram Mount. The little bungee looking cord is a safety lanyard that I attach in case something fails and the camera comes loose. I use the same mount for my GPS (I have two mounts, one on each handlebar end)

BigDaddy:
The 3D is not a camera, it's a case/mount that allows you to mount 2 cameras side by side. There's a cable that connects the two cameras. This is what creates the 3D.
http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories/3d-hero-system/

FloridaFLHX:
We're touring Vegas/Zion/Bryce/Monument Valley/Grand Canyon in Oct, which is why I picked up the GoPro
I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures in May.

White Coyote:
If you have a 12v power source on your bike, you can buy a USB plug to cig adapter from GoPro. Then you don't have to worry about a battery. The good part is that it has two USB ports so you can also power any other USB device at the same time.
http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/auto-charger/

Last edited by Deucedog; 02-26-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Steveamsp
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whitecoyote
I'm interested in getting a GoPro 2. A couple questions for you GoPro users.
*How long does a battery charge last in the unit?
*Is the only way to recharge the unit by pluging it into a computer, or is there a unit to plug into a wall socket?

I'm planning a trip out West, but will not have a computer for recharging. I was just wondering what my options are if the battery needs to be recharged.
Thanks.
The battery lasts in the neighborhood of 3 hours. I'm guessing that the settings that you use for video quality/etc will affect this. If you have an existing charger for a cell-phone/camera/ipod/etc that has a USB port for a cable to plug in to, the cable that comes with the GoPro will plug in to that and work just fine.

Not directly to your post, but for mounting, I had it mounted to the front fender of my old bike (81 gold wing) and that worked pretty well, but I've moved it to a helmet mount on the front of a half-helmet that I generally wear, and that mounting works really well for me so far. I use Sony Vegas Platinum 10 for my video editing.