Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please recommend best Thinsulate-lined, non-heated leather (or not) gauntlet gloves

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 12:25 PM
albngore
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Please recommend best Thinsulate-lined, non-heated leather (or not) gauntlet gloves

Since many of you must ride without heated gear, I wondered if you could recommend the best ones you have worn for winter riding. They don't actually have to be leather, but they must allow decent hand control while riding.

Thanks

Old 12-29-2011, 12:32 PM
ElectraEd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by albngore
Since many of you must ride without heated gear, I wondered if you could recommend the best ones you have worn for winter riding. They don't actually have to be leather, but they must allow decent hand control while riding.

Thanks
I got a pair of thinsulate lined snowmobile gloves at Cabela's. They are very warm. Have had them 5 years now and they still are in good shape.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:39 PM
DanDolfn
Tourer

Take a look at the Aerostich gloves.

http://www.aerostich.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=gloves

I have the elkskin ropers (which are standard for California Highway Patrols bike officers) and they're great.

But they have others that are gauntlet and/or insulated.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:51 PM
T_Sebastian
Advanced

I got a pair of these and love em in colder weather.

http://shop.olympiagloves.com/GT-429...Glove-4296.htm

Old 12-29-2011, 12:57 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,695 Likes on 1,368 Posts

The ones that fit best, not too tight, not to big. Hard to recommend a brand as motorcycling requires grip, twist and fast action. You are better off trying them on. Many brands offer insulated gloves. I use a leather pair with liner gloves, warmer for me than my heavy thinsulite. If it is raining, then I use the others as they are waterproof as well.

The brand I use are Watson Road Hawg and Cruiser gloves.

Last edited by son of the hounds; 12-30-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:01 PM
sargek
Road Warrior

I need to try those Olympia Gore-Tex ones - the Olympia leather gauntlets I have suck and even behind the batwing, my fingertips freeze.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:46 PM
wmnrider
Intermediate
Default Not "motorcycle" gloves but

they will keep your hands really warm. I have tried all kinds of gloves because my hands freeze when the weather is cold. I hate bulky gloves and ones where the lining comes out when you pull your hands out. These are really warm, thin enough to actually feel things.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018BJU92/...60_cs_sce_dp_1

On the other hand, if you really have to have motorcycle gloves, check out the last issue of Motorcycle Consumer News, they did a report on the leading favorites.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:28 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts
Old 12-29-2011, 07:18 PM
zjones
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had good luck using the little heater packets that you get at home depot or the outdoor stores . I open the packet on put it on the top of my hand, then gloves. The theory is that they heat all of the blood traveling in the veins on the top of your hands - works for me and I can wear thinner gloves (more control).

Old 12-29-2011, 07:32 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

For years I used the Harley Windshielder gauntlet gloves. They have a thinsulate liner and kept my hands and fingers nice and warm. I think the liner finally wore out or lost it's effectiveness but they were excellent for ten or twelve years. I now have some Olympia leather gore-tex insulated gauntlet gloves and they have worked very well so far. Fingertips are my problem and the Harley gloves took care of that for many miles.

Quick Reply: Please recommend best Thinsulate-lined, non-heated leather (or not) gauntlet gloves