Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ignition Timing Advance Curves

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011 | 11:03 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member

hmmm- yeah the ECM is supposed to retard when it detects preignition...but, my 09 pinged in completely stock configuration

repeatable 2800~3200 rpm up a 6% grade.

that was my impetus for the xieds- which fixed that, then allowed the hi flow in/out.

the ping is dead.

I think if you can chart where you have ping problems in the rpm range, then guess the throttle position and vacuum- you could then address that range a cel at a time until you find it.

Seems like a fun challenge---- when I was at santa monica college they had an aged old distributor curving machine. you put on the distributor and swapped springs and weights to get the desired curve...pull a weight off, dremel it...too retarded, you weld a bit of steel ont it for weight...

then get an adjustable vacuum motor for the advance..

spent many happy hours there putting late model HEI ignitions into my old chevys and cadillacs

Mike

Old 12-27-2011 | 11:07 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2black1s
Does anyone have or know where I can find the factory ignition timing advance curves for a 2011 FLHTK?

I'm playing with the timing curves on my bike utilizing a Power Commander V (PCV) which I can adjust up or down in one degree increments at various rpm and throttle positions, but I have no way that I'm aware of to determine what the baseline is.

Any help would be appreciated.
Send me an email to jamie@fuelmotousa.com and I would be happy to get you the factory timing tables

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-27-2011 | 11:08 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior

Attached is a file I found and saved. Not sure but I think it is for 2010 UC.

Attached Thumbnails Ignition Timing Advance Curves-ignition-stock-2.jpg  
Old 12-27-2011 | 11:17 PM
2black1s
|
Elite HDF Member

I did my share of distributors back in the 70s too. Remember those Mr. Gasket advance curve kits? They were pretty useless without a dremel and a box full of springs to play around with.

Old 12-27-2011 | 11:27 PM
2black1s
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Send me an email to jamie@fuelmotousa.com and I would be happy to get you the factory timing tables
Originally Posted by ke5rbd
Now we're getting somewhere! Thanks guys.

Old 12-31-2022 | 11:01 AM
SGsled10
Stage III
Default 2010 streetglide timing on PCV

Originally Posted by ke5rbd
ke5rbd, first off i know this is an old thread. That being said, I've been doing some "tweeking" on my 10 SG 96ci andrews 48h V&H pro pipe high-flow ac. I came across a map you shared for a similar set up. You seemed to be the man when I comes to tuning based on comments I read. I loaded your tune into my pcv and before starting it I looked through the fuel and ignition maps looks good to me but the ignition map is pretty radical. As much as +9° adv. In some places? Is this correct? Any schooling you're willing to do would be much appreciated. I live at sea level if that matters. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Old 12-31-2022 | 06:58 PM
Tcrafty
Road Warrior

@SGsled10 The last time KE5 was on this forum was in April of this year. Just a head's up.

Old 12-31-2022 | 08:47 PM
SGsled10
Stage III

Thanks for the heads up. Having a hard time locating a ignition timing map for PCV on my 10 streetglide, 96, 2into1 pro pipe and Andrew's 48H cams.
all that I find are those generic advance maps that have big blocks of ranges with the exact same advances.
I'm new here. Any suggestions on people I may be able to contact or message?

Old 12-31-2022 | 08:55 PM
Tcrafty
Road Warrior

There are a few guys who do some tuning on the forum. As for who would be THE GUY to contact, that's a hard one to say. I just don't know. Jaimie @fuelmoto has replied in this thread already. The folks at FM have always been helpful for whatever I've needed.
Keep an eye on this thread. Perhaps Jaimie or someone else may chime in to add some info soon.

Old 12-31-2022 | 11:02 PM
SGsled10
Stage III

Thanks man. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

Quick Reply: Ignition Timing Advance Curves