Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trailering wheel chock

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:50 AM
hdman6
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

2 trips to Sturgis with my Raptor TH ( and wide glide) and no good tie down for my bike. I just used the d-rings and a wooden block, Guess what, the bike pulled the D rings right out of the floor on the 2 trip out and bike fell over in the toy hauler, very bad experience. Now I have a Condor and a ultra classic. The tie downs in the toy haulers are rated for heavy loads. I replaced all my recessed tie downs with 6k lb solid rings. I had to chisel the floor like a extra 1/2 inch to fit the bigger rings in the floor. Its easy, I would highly stress to you to replace them with these...
http://www.pj-parts.com/Product-D-Ri...d.-6K_729.aspx

I took my new Ultra classic and the TH to Sturgis in 2011 with the new D- rings installed and the condor, along with 3 bikes all using the installed D-rings. They were as solid a a rock out and back. A Huge difference in the tie downs.

It takes a little extra work to drill in the 4 thru bolt holes but its better than having your bike fall over. I Put large washers underneath the trailer where the bolts come thru and lock-tite them then spray with rustolem over the bolts. This along with a condor setup with the quick release works great. I just roll the carpet over the condor latch and the d rings and you don't even know they are there until its time to pack up and load the bike. Jeff

Old 12-29-2011, 09:16 AM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tincup64
i looked for a while and went with the wheeldock. i drive in and it locks up the front wheel real nice and i can do it by myself. fairing on my flhtk is close to the sides so i wanted something easy that would hold it in place pretty good. i put 2x6's under the frame, pull it down in four places to etrack with the big wide straps and it doesnt move. its made in usa too. good luck.

tin
+1 on the Wheeldock. A little more expensive but I like being able to drive right in, tap the release lever, and step off the bike.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:36 PM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chunker
E-track. Several posts have said the track is available everywhere, but I can't find a store named everywhere. I went by the dealer and he checked the Drag Specialties catalog and they show some of the chocks and braces, but no e-track. Camping World where I took the truck to get the hitch installed suggested the dealer. Haven't checked the home improvement stores but just don't think they will carry this. Anyone have a suggestion to an actual store that carries it? For my application I figure 7-8' sections needed.
Any place that sells Snowmobile trailers, etc should be able to get you e track. They are usually 5ft lengths. Check eBay too.