Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trailering wheel chock

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 06:32 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had Pingle pop chock's for at least 10 years and never had a problem with them. I load my FLHX strap it down by myself in 15 minutes. I strap from the handle bars forward to floor "D" rings and from the rear boards forward to additional floor "D" rings. Thousands of miles traveled this way without issue. I use "the larger Hog Ties at the front and 1" Ancra's ar the rear boards. The Pingle chock stores small and out of the way for a smooth floor when not traveling.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:38 PM
flashracer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a Baxley Sport Chock that I used for my sportbike. Works great for my ultra. Just drive it on and hop off. It locks it in. Similar to condor.

Old 12-27-2011, 07:24 PM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chunker
I broke down and googled the Condor site and saw the e-track, but is there another place to get them? Looks like a clean secure way to go.
I ordered the Condor chock and the e track adapter today, so I'm gonna use both in my enclosed 6x12. Ordered the Condor from Amazon, e track is available everywhere.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:18 PM
JetD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Condor and HF

I've used the Condor and the HF as a 2nd for nearly 5 years now. Have hauled each of the FLSTC and the Ultra with the condor as a single; and used the harbor freight as the 2nd with a son's SG.... no problems ever.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:50 PM
chefie
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As others have said condor makes a wheel chock, been using for awhile myself. Make sure you get some heavy duty tie downs. Here is a link to a company that makes some really nice ones www.powertye.com

Last edited by chefie; 12-27-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:46 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,354 Likes on 2,533 Posts

got my condor from these folks on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CONDOR-PSTK-...ht_3916wt_1159

comes with the quick detach trailer mount and free shipping. use my condor more in the garage than i do on a trailer. works great for general maint on the bike.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

E-track. Several posts have said the track is available everywhere, but I can't find a store named everywhere. I went by the dealer and he checked the Drag Specialties catalog and they show some of the chocks and braces, but no e-track. Camping World where I took the truck to get the hitch installed suggested the dealer. Haven't checked the home improvement stores but just don't think they will carry this. Anyone have a suggestion to an actual store that carries it? For my application I figure 7-8' sections needed.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:55 AM
b17467
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chunker
E-track. Several posts have said the track is available everywhere, but I can't find a store named everywhere. I went by the dealer and he checked the Drag Specialties catalog and they show some of the chocks and braces, but no e-track. Camping World where I took the truck to get the hitch installed suggested the dealer. Haven't checked the home improvement stores but just don't think they will carry this. Anyone have a suggestion to an actual store that carries it? For my application I figure 7-8' sections needed.
You need a place that deals with semi truck and trailer parts. Up here we have Catco http://www.catcoparts.com/Home.html
Find a place like this in your area. It will be a lot cheaper also.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 390 Likes on 231 Posts
Default straps

I also use the Condor and saw these on Ebay for straps. Look pretty good.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350360382545...84.m1438.l2649

Old 12-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Arvid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Baxley LA chock. I like it because as you drive onto it the tire cradle clamps onto the tire. I use Moki rigid stabilizers from the frame with a ratchet strap on the front axle so the forks are not compressed.

Quick Reply: trailering wheel chock