Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring center stand...how has it...any good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 01:06 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Touring center stand...how has it...any good?

Do any of you have the Harley center stand?

Apparently from the pics at the moco it's chrome, but the mounting bracket is black.

How do you like it?

How is the quality?

MSRP is $329.95......quote on www.lshd1.com is $263.96 (+9.95 flat shipping rate)

Part number 91573-09A

Comments?

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 12-28-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:01 PM
Cougar1959
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Traveler, Are you talking about the " Wheeldock EZ-Up" center stand? I have one of these and it is great. First thing I ordered, when I bought my 2011 Ultra Classic.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:06 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

It's probably made by them. Harley is selling one.

~Joe

Old 12-27-2011, 02:16 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

You mean $329.95 I assume. I had one years ago and if I remember right it worked fine, no problems. I now have the EZ-dock. You can't park bike down hill with either one. It's a personal choice I guess.
http://powersport-superstore-inc.ama...ffId=the005-20

Last edited by drukanfu; 12-27-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Cougar1959
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Traveler, Go to this website http://www.wheeldock.com/?gclid=CJyj...FUZjTAodnWFVkw This is where I bought mine. Right now they have a sell price of $ 249.00 with free shipping.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:26 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I have the Wheeldock EZ-Up stand and like it alot. Harley makes one too. Don't have any experience with it.
Any center stand has some limitations.
Can't park downhill or on uneven surface.
Very minor effect on clearance. I've rubbed it on the road when in sharp turns while riding into a slight dip in the road. Won't rub on smooth road surface. Try to avoid this but it won't cause you to fall.
Also will occasionally nick a speed bump with a passenger aboard. Also no big deal and easy to avoid if you go slow.

Overall, I love standing the bike straight up in the garage.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:33 PM
ACLazer
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I have the HD Chrome Center Stand on my 2012 FLHTC and I really like it allot. The Bike takes up much less room in my garage on the stand, and it's easier to clean the Bike on the stand too. It's really easy to pop right up if you have the feet adjusted properly. The HD stand is very well made too

Old 12-27-2011, 03:13 PM
jbkrab
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the HD Center stand on my bike. It is very handy and adjustable. There is a zerk fitting so you can lube it to keep it nice and operating smoothly. You may want to look at the EZ Up and I can't remember why I chose the HD one over it, may have been the adjustable feet on the HD. But any case you will love having a center stand for the big bike.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:17 PM
HDD
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have the HD center stand on my 2011 FLHTK. Fits nice and tight up against bike. It did tap the crossover after install, but the dealer just re-adjusted the crossover pipe up a little higher and no problems. As said before, bike takes up alot less space in garage, and is easier to load and wash. I can ride off of mine the way it is adjusted. No clearance issues when cornering. It is a little challenging to get it down while on the bike, unlike the wheeldock system, but that is because the lever is a little more concealed IMO. One of the best additions I have done to bike.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the Harley Chrome Center Stand on my '09 Road Glide.
I looked at the WheelDock center stand but chose the Harley Stand. There is not any clearance issues with the Harley stand. I have scraped the boards but never the stand.

The Harley arm to raise the bike is tucked up below the Rider foot board. It is chrome and not noticeable. It is easy to raise the bike and I like this very much. I have a friend that has the wheeldock. I found the arm to raise the bike is further out from the bike and very noticeable. This does gives the rider the ability to raise the bike while seated. I can not raise my bike unless I am off the bike.

The Harley stand has adjustable legs. I can make the rear tire lift off the ground, or just touch the ground. If I decide to install a "Lowering Kit" the Harley Stand will adjust to match.
The wheeldock is not adjustable. You must choose the style to match your bike.

He is happy with it. So It is up to how you want and like.

First is with stand up............................Second is stand down

Quick Reply: Touring center stand...how has it...any good?