Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bub 7 true dual exhaust for touring models

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 10:07 PM
tee895
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
Rinehart makes two style of pipes for the newer bikes now, a set like yours with the cross under, and a "Classic" style true dual where one pipe comes out each side like on the older bikes.

As for the OP, that does not look right at all, did you find out if with your bike you need the passenger peg relocation kit?

I installed everything according to their instructions and there was no peg relocation bracket. They did have a spacer for the right front footrest and that was it. That is their set up and now they won't answer my emails about wanting a refund. Great customer service from Bub. I'll never buy anything from them again.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:09 PM
tee895
Novice

Originally Posted by mja52403
For what it's worth, I have installed the Bub 7 duals on my 08 RK and a set of the new Reinhart's on an 09 RK. Both came with a spacer for the left passenger floorboard and moved it away from the pipe about 3/4 of an inch or so. Is it close to the passengers foot? Absolutely, bot not any closer than it was on the 08 and older models. Make sure you have the new bracket installed correctly, as it may be part of the problem. If you didn't get the spacer for the floorboard, I would complain.... But check to make sure you have the correct kit first, because my instructions clearly indicated this part of the proceedure. Hope this helps.

Check to make sure the exhaust kit you have is for the model year of your bike.
It's the correct kit, no spacers for the passenger foot peg and nothing about it in the instructions. This Bub7 product just plain sucks.

Old 12-27-2011, 11:03 PM
scotracy
Road Captain

True duals do look pretty great, but all of them have the issue with passenger heat issues. This is why they have the crossover option (2-1-2). Go that route, much better idea.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Troy Ragno
Stage III
Default undecided

Originally Posted by tee895
They won't take it back since it's been installed. Anyways, here is what I mean about lack of clearance.
thanks for the pic. I have been searching the web all day trying to find the left view of a samson install. I could no figure out how they would go on without removing the pssenger footpeg all together. I was all set to buy the Samson Caliber True Dual Crossover Exhaust System w/4 in. Mufflers and have them on order, but seeing this I am not sure anymore?????

Old 06-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is some information for those riding one of these bikes, FLHX RoadGlide and FLTRX StreetGlide, if installing a Samson true dual crossover system. Use Drag Specialties Part # 1622-0243) for left passenger foot peg. With the crossunder system it is not required.
I hope this info helps.
Thanks,
JR