Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

117" On The Road Specs

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 11:40 PM
mike_oh
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default 117" On The Road Specs

Here is my dyno sheet. I used Revolution Performance 4.125 cylinders, 4 3/8 HD stroker crank trued, welded and Timken upgrade, T-Man 625 gear drive cams, Feuling cam plate, oil pump and lifters, SE roller rockers with SE forged rocker support plates, SE tapered adjustable pushrods, HPI 58mm TB and red band injectors, Thundermax Auto Tune, V&H Pro Pipe Chrome modified. I had Dan Vance Racing re-work a set of SE110 heads especialy for this build. Dan used the HPI TB and flowed the heads superbly. IMHO Dan is one of the best head porters in the business today. He will answer all your questions and custom tailor your heads to your build! This is the second set of heads Dan has dome for me and when it came time to do this build there was no question in my mind that Dan would do the job. Assembly was by Barry Hamilton at Kiwi Pro Cycle and he also did the tune and dyno work. After 800 more miles it will go back for final tuning and I will post the sheet. Barry thinks we will gain some numbers when all is said and done. I am super happy!!

Attached Thumbnails 117" On The Road Specs-harley-mike-c-117.jpg  
Old 12-24-2011, 11:57 PM
Weekender1969
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike_oh
Here is my dyno sheet. I used Revolution Performance 4.125 cylinders, 4 3/8 HD stroker crank trued, welded and Timken upgrade, T-Man 625 gear drive cams, Feuling cam plate, oil pump and lifters, SE roller rockers with SE forged rocker support plates, SE tapered adjustable pushrods, HPI 58mm TB and red band injectors, Thundermax Auto Tune, V&H Pro Pipe Chrome modified. I had Dan Vance Racing re-work a set of SE110 heads especialy for this build. Dan used the HPI TB and flowed the heads superbly. IMHO Dan is one of the best head porters in the business today. He will answer all your questions and custom tailor your heads to your build! This is the second set of heads Dan has dome for me and when it came time to do this build there was no question in my mind that Dan would do the job. Assembly was by Barry Hamilton at Kiwi Pro Cycle and he also did the tune and dyno work. After 800 more miles it will go back for final tuning and I will post the sheet. Barry thinks we will gain some numbers when all is said and done. I am super happy!!
DAYUM, that's gotta be one exciting throttle role, impressive numbers for a big VTwin...

Old 12-25-2011, 12:02 AM
mike_oh
Road Master

Forgot the Rev Perf kit came with 10.5:1 Wisco forged pistons and I upgraded to a Barnett Scorpion clutch. There were so many mods it is hard to remember them all! And it is very quick!!

Old 12-25-2011, 12:12 AM
HTNHARD
Tourer

Super Impressive! Now if you would tell us what you learned putting together this build, and telling us how much it would cost to put this together from what you've learned would be greatfull. Merry Christmas!!

Old 12-25-2011, 12:25 AM
mike_oh
Road Master

What I learned was from the very beginning I ran every component by Barry and Dan. I have to say this started out as I wanted to upgrade my 95" that was 101 hp/108tq to maybe a 103/107/114 and it just went from there. One upgrade led to another and I wanted a reliable platform so every componet was looked at and considered. I started this project in September as far as gathering info and then sourcing all the parts. Build was started in November and completed early December. There were no surprises as everything was well thought out with the help of Barry and Dan. It all came together and after 124 miles break-in on the dyno getting the AFR's set it is on the road and performing well. The valve-train is very quiet and the engine is actually smoother than the 95" was. I am very pleased and I am positive the numbers will increase when the final tune and dyno runs are done at 1000 miles. Cost has not been cheap... to date around 10.5K inclusive. I love my 03 so it made sense to me rather than buy a newer bike with all the issues and upgrades associated with that. Effort-less power!

Old 12-25-2011, 12:36 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn that torque curve starts where most I have seen peak. Nice numbers.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:56 AM
mike_oh
Road Master
Talking

Originally Posted by BLKBAGGER
Damn that torque curve starts where most I have seen peak. Nice numbers.
Thanks. It is impressive to ride! Just very slight throttle inputs are all that is needed at freeway speeds. Coming home I rolled around a corner and down-shifted to first and hit it...engine winds up real quick and had to hang on. I am taking things easy as I don't want to break things like tranny mainshafts and such!! I have a friend that has a "busa" and when I get a few more miles on we will give it a go! That T-man cam and the headwork really make all the difference. Should be a good touring platform also.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:57 AM
Smitty79
Road Master

Awesome!!! Extremely jealous...

Old 12-25-2011, 01:07 AM
mike_oh
Road Master

Originally Posted by Smitty79
Awesome!!! Extremely jealous...
Don't be! I am not some rich guy with money to throw around. I have been riding bikes for 42 years and Harleys for 30. I was able save up over a long time for this project and feel blessed to make my dream come true! This bike and build will carry me through the rest of my riding days. Merry Christmas to all of you!

Old 12-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Smitty79
Road Master

Originally Posted by mike_oh
Don't be! I am not some rich guy with money to throw around. I have been riding bikes for 42 years and Harleys for 30. I was able save up over a long time for this project and feel blessed to make my dream come true! This bike and build will carry me through the rest of my riding days. Merry Christmas to all of you!
I'm with you on that. I'm running a stage 1 and am saving the pennies for a motor upgrade... You have runied me with that 117... My wife is shaking her head as I type this...

Quick Reply: 117" On The Road Specs