Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mini beast airhorn

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 02:55 PM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mini beast airhorn

Looking at mini beast air horn gloss black with raw fins 179.00 anyone install or have one any info would be appreciated.......Joe

Old 12-24-2011, 03:28 PM
hyfly1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put one on last summer. It was very easy to install. Be careful not to put too many connectors on your battery terminal. I already had a battery tender and a gps on mine, so I wound up putting on a simple bus bar and hooking everything up to that. I don't know why HD doesn't do that at the factory. Anyhow, I am totally satisfied with the mini beast. Ride safe.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:10 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I put the Stebel air horn on my bike for $30. I seperated the horn from the compressor. the horn fit perfectly inside of the original cowbell. The compressor fit next to the fuse box. 1/4" fuel line connecting the two. Sounds loud and great.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:00 PM
blarg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a chromed mini-beast II (I don't think the make the fully chromed ones anymore....I had a hell of a time finding it) a few weeks ago but haven't installed it yet.

Basically what you get is a Stebel Nautilus air horn which sells for about $40 and the rest of the goes to a big honkin housing made of VERY thick aluminum and all the wiring including relays and battery terminals so the installation is pretty much plug and play. The thing really is a beast.

I've had the Stebel Nautilus horn installed on most of my vehicles and it really IS the loudest horn I've even heard in my life that didn't require a large external compressor. It's bowel-viodingly loud. It's VERY effective. When you sound it, people start looking around. I wouldn't recommend putting it on your bike unless you ride with ear plugs ALL THE TIME because it's rated 139 dB @ 1ft. Since your ear is going to be roughly 4 ft. from the horn you're still looking at about 128 dB - you will probably experience temporary hearing loss, and possibly permanent hearing loss as well.

There is surprisingly little lag when you press the horn button (you'd think there would be some because air pressure has to build up before it will work but it's pretty instantaneous). Depending on how you mount it, you may hear or feel the compressor running when you hit the horn button. A couple rubber washer or a bushing (you'd have to make the mounting hole bigger) may help with that.

I would definitely recommend it. If you don't want to pay all that extra cash for the housing, you can still get the same exact effect with a Stebel Nautilus horn (just google it, you'll fine tons of them....even a chromed one)...especially if you want to put them on your cages after you hear it...they run like $40.

One word of warning....make sure you mount it with the horn openings DOWN, otherwise if gets water in it, it won't be able to drain out and not only will it sound silly but the water will ruin it.

Last edited by blarg; 12-24-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had a wrinkle black one for a couple of years. Works great, easy install and it's LOUD!

Old 12-24-2011, 08:17 PM
ks6c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got done taking off the H-D air horn - lag of an air horn, lack of "crispness", wanting something louder, etc.

As another less expensive option, I mounted 2 Fiamm Freeway Blasters each rated at 130 db. I kept the relay for the air horn, mounted one of the Fiamms under the original cowbell and the second is mounted to the frame plate immediately behind the motor (nut, lockwasher and fender washer was all that was needed), wired in parallel. I installed one low note horn and one high note horn - no lag, lots of crispness, great harmony <grin> and plenty loud.

Oh, and did I say cheap? $6.59 each plus a relay.

http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/ry...oductDetail.do

http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/ry...oductDetail.do

Old 12-24-2011, 08:53 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JakeelwoodHD
Looking at mini beast air horn gloss black with raw fins 179.00 anyone install or have one any info would be appreciated.......Joe
I have one on my 2010 SG, easy install and it looks great with all of the other black/powder coated parts on my bike.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:16 AM
golfmajic
Road Captain
Location: Ottawa, Canada, summer, Daytona Beach Florida, winter
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Instructions are good, just make sure you get a good ground, the rubber mount from the to be used horn mounting bracket do does not allow a good ground. I ran a red wire back ti the battery and a black wire back to a frame ground under the seat. I bundled the 2 wires in a black wire , don't even loom so you don't even notice them.
This is one loud horn, my only comment is it sticks out a long way from the side of the bike.
Good luck!

Old 12-25-2011, 11:34 AM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have had one since 09, still functions great, no problems encountered at all when it does bug out, will replace with another

Old 12-25-2011, 12:49 PM
FFHD05
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by murph
I put the Stebel air horn on my bike for $30. I seperated the horn from the compressor. the horn fit perfectly inside of the original cowbell. The compressor fit next to the fuse box. 1/4" fuel line connecting the two. Sounds loud and great.
where did you find it for 30? i cant seem to find it much cheaper than 60

Quick Reply: Mini beast airhorn