Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:50 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Mustang solo here. Wish it were 1" or so further back though....

Old 01-22-2012, 09:23 PM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,578 Likes on 679 Posts

I had a Mustang touring seat for my Road King which was very comfortable. When I started to customize it and my wife basically stopped riding with me, I bought a Corbin Classic Solo and a Touring Pillion (pillion used 10 times maybe) 5 years ago.

The problem with the Mustang seat is that for me, it sits too high and also pushes me too far forward. I'm 6' and felt cramped with it.

I wish I hadn't waited so long to buy a Corbin. It is extremely comfortable, sits low, and gives me extra room to stretch out.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:35 PM
jpglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a great experience with C&C. I bought a 2-up model that they customized to move me back 3" and down 1". Not sure how much room the solo seats have, but give 'em a call.

Also - I'm thinking of swapping my pegs for a pair of take-off passenger boards. PM me if you're interested in selling yours...

Enjoy the new bike!

Originally Posted by zjones
I have just purchase an '07 RK Classic and am looking to buy a solo seat. Lots of information available through the search feature, but alot of conflicting information also. I need a seat that places me a couple inches or more backwards from the stock position and I would like a backrest as well. I am looking hard at the C&C, but I'm not sure it will set me back far enough, if at all. I had such a bad customer service experience with Corbin this past summer that I never want to do business with them again. I'm open to hearing about any
others as well. Mustang is a winner with a lot of people, but I need a little room and most of the comments her suggest that the Mustang solo is comparable to the stock seating position.
I will probably have Mean City modify the stock seat, but I want a lower profile solo for most of the riding I do.
Weigh in with your experience here and you might want to include height and inseam as a way to compare preference - I'm 6'0 and 32" inseam and feeling a little cramped in the legroom department...

Old 01-27-2012, 07:55 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmything
Well, it seems like there's two camps on the seat hardness. The Mustangs tend to be fairly soft. The DG is like the corbin(had one on my Triumph speedmaster). Pretty hard, but it somewhat conforms to your butt print after some time, and you really don't want it to sag, cuz that's where the pain comes from. I've gone all day on this seat, and haven't had any fatigue at all. But, all butts aren't the same, so I guess it depends on your butt profile...
Very true, seat "comfort" is very difficult to gauge based on someone else's experience because everyone is so different. For one guy seat "A" fits like a glove and he can do 500 miles in it without blinking and for the next guy it's a torture contraption from hell.

I had a DG Buttcrack solo and it just didnt fit me at all. Within 10 minutes my *** was killing me. The DG Big Seat fit much better for me. I know you hate Corbin, but for me they have always fit me great on all the bikes I've had them on whereas other guys swear they're horribly uncomfortable.

The solo's I've tried (have tried 3 or 4 of them over the years) all did seem to sit me back further and down into the bike more (lower), so I think you'll find what you're looking for in that regard, but comfort is going to be hard for us to help you with.

Old 01-27-2012, 08:31 AM
Northwoodz
Road Warrior
Received 624 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by zjones
So Coolerman69 and Northwoodz,
The C&C gets your vote for comfort and looks, and it's a bit deeper (lower) than stock, but what about any change in position forward or back? If I can get comfort and an inch or two back from the stock position, this may be the seat for me - looks are a `10` on the scale, and I like the idea of sitting "in" the bike a bit more, though I don't need to in order to flatfloot and fell like I'm in control.
You wil definitely be LOWER and FURTHER BACK than stock. I like to stretch out a bit and the C&C are spot on. Just so you know, this aint my first rodeo with C&C. Been using them on all my bikes for many years. Here is one on my King...

Last edited by Northwoodz; 01-27-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:14 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
I tried a Mustang solo for about 3 months. I bought it hoping to love it, and kept thinking I'd get used to it, but never did. Soft and comfy, good for short hops, lousy for long mile days, though. Too close to the gas tank, but a nice narrow nose, so it was easy to flat foot. I got it because it was less expensive than a similar Corbin, but I wound up selling it and buying the Corbin anyway. Wound up spending more than if I'd just bought the seat I wanted in the first place.
See thats confusing to me. My wide solo is a tad too hard. My legs cant straddle like it did with the stock. Raised me up higher. It took me back further and thats the only thing i like about it. Im going to give it awhile then consider sending it to MCC, i figure seats are like pizza in that you need to have it made to fit your palet or *** in our case LOL. With the description booga is giving im beginning to think theres no set way mustang comes, and it depends on what you get out of the box. Kinda like chocolate huhh?

Old 01-27-2012, 10:42 AM
mllgator
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jimmything
I went with the Danny Grey buttcrack solo. Moves you back and down an inch. And it's leather. Nothing against Mustang seats, but I think they're vinyl, and I want leather for price I paid.
Have the Danny Gray on my RG and Fat Boy. Excellent seat for the money. Extreemely confortable. Check out their wed site.

Old 04-08-2012, 09:34 PM
CKS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Road King

Old Thread New Post. I went with the Harley Sundowner solo on my 2012 Road King. Sets me a little closer to the tank which at first I didn't like but after a few hundred miles I noticed my arms & neck didn't bother me any more on fairly long runs. Now that I got used to it I like it. Just Sayin.

Attached Thumbnails Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....-img-20120406-00249.jpg  
Old 04-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

No Good Pictures of a Corbin so I thought I'd post one. And yes it's a Road King

Old 04-08-2012, 11:00 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

C and C on my Road King
Great seat

Quick Reply: Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....