Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 05:17 PM
zjones
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody else to weigh in here?

Old 12-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Corbin here. I prefer firm.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 12-30-2011, 05:49 PM
jmurph
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

05 RK custom corbin Hollywood solo great seat !!!

Old 12-30-2011, 07:20 PM
DarkMatter
Tourer

Beav what Corbin model is this? I love how it looks on your bike!

Old 12-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Hog Yild
Road Master

Not a Road King, but when I stripe down my Ultra, I use a C&C Solo Seat. It's on the firm side, but very comfortable for me. Pushes me down and back, 6'2" 34 inseam. This is my favorite seat. If only C&C would make a pillion like the stock Ultra seat for my wife and this seat would be my only seat, single and two up.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:01 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zjones
Mustang is a winner with a lot of people, but I need a little room and most of the comments her suggest that the Mustang solo is comparable to the stock seating position.
I will probably have Mean City modify the stock seat, but I want a lower profile solo for most of the riding I do.
Weigh in with your experience here and you might want to include height and inseam as a way to compare preference - I'm 6'0 and 32" inseam and feeling a little cramped in the legroom department...
I thought I would offer some perspective on a Mustang solo seat. I ordered the Mustang Vintage Solo for my 2011 RKC. The Mustang seat places me 1" higher and about 1" to 1-1/2" further back compared to my 2011 stock seat (I'm 5-9" with a 30" inseam). My 2011 RKC stock seat is actually perfect for me. I thought I read somewhere that HD lowered the touring seats by 1" in 2011. For me, that's been throwing off the fitment information that I've been gathering from manufacturers and from online seat feedback that I've read.

Mustang says their Vintage Super Solo sits further back than their Vintage Solo. That might be very close to what you're looking for.

There's a considerable restocking fee with the reseller I bought my seat from, so I'm thinking of having Mean City completely redo this seat to work for me.

Last edited by Nirvana; 12-30-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:00 AM
Harley_Baweja
Stage I

Butt Crack Solo _Danny Gray ...Love it

Old 01-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Jon0807
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Better pics of my C&C Forward Solo

Old 01-22-2012, 06:07 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Nirvana
I thought I would offer some perspective on a Mustang solo seat. I ordered the Mustang Vintage Solo for my 2011 RKC. The Mustang seat places me 1" higher and about 1" to 1-1/2" further back compared to my 2011 stock seat (I'm 5-9" with a 30" inseam). My 2011 RKC stock seat is actually perfect for me. I thought I read somewhere that HD lowered the touring seats by 1" in 2011. For me, that's been throwing off the fitment information that I've been gathering from manufacturers and from online seat feedback that I've read.
I wanted to post a follow up of my impressions of the Mustang Vintage Solo. I've decided to keep the seat and have put about 150 miles on it. While riding, the seat does raise me up about 1" (I can tell from where my line of sight is relative to the top edge of the windshield) and it sits me back only about 1/2" from stock (2011 stock seat). It is a very comfortable seat and is completely "ride-able" for me.

My initial impression was strictly from straddling the bike which was shortsighted on my part. I determined that there's too much padding at the edge of the seat for me and when making the effort to flat foot, I am being pushed forward almost into a standing position. I have an appointment to have Mean City Cycles do their modification which will include lowering the seat by 1" and narrowing. Lowering by 1" apparently also has the effect of moving me forward by about 1/2". I think these minor tweaks can make this seat exactly what I want. I'll post again when I evaluate the mods.

Old 01-22-2012, 07:01 PM
davidsdad
Road Warrior

I just got a new Mustang Day Tripper last week, I also picked up a Mustang pillon pad as well. I haven't rode with it yet because of the weather. However, I ran the same seat on my Dyna Streetbob and loved it!

Quick Reply: Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....