Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 01:25 PM
bpav16
Road Master
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I'm 6' 200+lbs...09 flhrc....went with heritage bars first, than danny grey butt crack...killed my tail bone...mustang with backrest and alaska sheepskin pad...lt works well for me and I do ride long distance. When around town I loose the backrest for a better look....good luck

Old 12-24-2011, 03:49 PM
zjones
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Coolerman69 and Northwoodz,
The C&C gets your vote for comfort and looks, and it's a bit deeper (lower) than stock, but what about any change in position forward or back? If I can get comfort and an inch or two back from the stock position, this may be the seat for me - looks are a `10` on the scale, and I like the idea of sitting "in" the bike a bit more, though I don't need to in order to flatfloot and fell like I'm in control.

Old 12-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Jon0807
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nirvana
Did you have to pay the extra $100 for the "Forward" version of the solo or is C&C offering that as a standard solo variation?

Looks like you removed the passenger floor boards. From a wide view it doesn't look like anything is missing.
The "Forward" solo was the same price as the regular solo. They have two versions of their solo seat. And yes I removed the passenger boards as well. My wife says she's planning on riding with me one day but that day won't come any time soon and they kept getting in the way. It's pretty easy to bolt them back on as well as the stock seat but I like the solo look

Old 12-24-2011, 05:55 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon0807
The "Forward" solo was the same price as the regular solo. They have two versions of their solo seat. And yes I removed the passenger boards as well. My wife says she's planning on riding with me one day but that day won't come any time soon and they kept getting in the way. It's pretty easy to bolt them back on as well as the stock seat but I like the solo look
Excellent, I'll give Chuck a call next week.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:01 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by zjones
I have just purchase an '07 RK Classic and am looking to buy a solo seat. Lots of information available through the search feature, but alot of conflicting information also. I need a seat that places me a couple inches or more backwards from the stock position and I would like a backrest as well. I am looking hard at the C&C, but I'm not sure it will set me back far enough, if at all. I had such a bad customer service experience with Corbin this past summer that I never want to do business with them again. I'm open to hearing about any
others as well. Mustang is a winner with a lot of people, but I need a little room and most of the comments her suggest that the Mustang solo is comparable to the stock seating position.
I will probably have Mean City modify the stock seat, but I want a lower profile solo for most of the riding I do.
Weigh in with your experience here and you might want to include height and inseam as a way to compare preference - I'm 6'0 and 32" inseam and feeling a little cramped in the legroom department...
Not so in my case, my Mustang pushed me back a couple inches and raised me up about an inch..

Old 12-24-2011, 06:55 PM
king dawg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Mustang solo on my FLHRSI.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:46 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zjones
So Coolerman69 and Northwoodz,
The C&C gets your vote for comfort and looks, and it's a bit deeper (lower) than stock, but what about any change in position forward or back? If I can get comfort and an inch or two back from the stock position, this may be the seat for me - looks are a `10` on the scale, and I like the idea of sitting "in" the bike a bit more, though I don't need to in order to flatfloot and fell like I'm in control.
It seems to set me back an inch or so

Old 12-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I tried a Mustang solo for about 3 months. I bought it hoping to love it, and kept thinking I'd get used to it, but never did. Soft and comfy, good for short hops, lousy for long mile days, though. Too close to the gas tank, but a nice narrow nose, so it was easy to flat foot. I got it because it was less expensive than a similar Corbin, but I wound up selling it and buying the Corbin anyway. Wound up spending more than if I'd just bought the seat I wanted in the first place.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:15 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,367 Likes on 2,541 Posts

Originally Posted by jvvjvv
I am "assuming" they do the same in FL..............
nope, fl location is not zoned for manufacturing, so it is only a 'showroom'. that sucks cause fl is a whole lot closer than calif to me....

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
Wound up spending more than if I'd just bought the seat I wanted in the first place.
aint that the truth.... wouldn't it be nice if the dealership had a 'test room' where you could fit any seat, windshield, handlebar, etc. to your bike, ride it for a couple of days, then buy the one that you liked best the first time?

Old 12-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,514 Posts

Last edited by Buckinfitch; 12-25-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....