Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 07:20 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have this complete Corbin set for sale if you are interested, PM me. Came off my 03' RK and will fit your bike.

Attached Thumbnails Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....-for-sale-items-007.jpg  
Old 12-24-2011, 07:24 AM
ericl
Road Warrior
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I have a Danny Gray solo I did a review on it

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-big-seat.html

I have put about 6,000 miles on the seat since the review. I can ride all day on the solo seat I get off the bike and stretch every fill up.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:29 AM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

The Harley 'Brawler' seat will sit you back compared to stock. It's leather. The seating position is very close to a Corbin Hollywood Solo, but the Brawler has a little more padding in it.

Personally, I prefer my Mustang solo with the backrest. As you say, it's close to the 'stock' seating position. However, I believe I saw a blurb on the Mustang site stating they're willing to work with the customer to tailor the seat to his/her needs. As someone said, the Mustang seats are vinyl (low maintenance). Mine came with an integrated back-rest that folds up and that I carry in my bags...

The more padding there is in the seat, the 'taller' you sit, and my experience is, the more forward. (I've got a Sundowner solo that is way comfortable, and soft. But you sit right on top of the controls, and about '6 feet' in the air).

Alan

Last edited by AlanStansbery; 12-24-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Northwoodz
Road Warrior
Received 624 Likes on 160 Posts

This one is easy..... C&C all the way. They will even custom tailor it to your spefic needs if you like. I've tried them all!!!! Danny Gray is cool looking, but not comfy for the long haul. C&C is the absolute best of all worlds.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:59 AM
mike5380
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mustang Solo has been about the best money I've spent. It did not seem to move me much from the stock seat position, but way more comfy. The backrest is a keeper also. I'm 6 feet even and about 32" inseam and can flatfoot no problem. Plus I like the "no maintenance" feature of the vinyl vs real leather.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....-roadking2.jpg  
Old 12-24-2011, 08:41 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Those C&C solo's look great. How is their firmness compared to Corbin?

I had a Corbin, got rid of it. I didn't have it custom made, I think if I'd had one made with a little wider footprint for my *** I would've been happy, but it put weird pressure on my thighs and hurt like crazy after about an hour.

Currently have a Mustang Wide Solo + backrest, it feels great and I've taken it on longer trips with no complaints after it broke in. It's firmer than stock but not as hard as the Corbin was, and also gives you more room to scoot around on the seat when you get tired of one particular position.

It does not look as nice as the Corbins or C&C seats though.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:09 AM
mike5380
Road Master

Originally Posted by blusmbl
Those C&C solo's look great. How is their firmness compared to Corbin?

It does not look as nice as the Corbins or C&C seats though.
I agree! The Corbins are about the best looking seat and way better looking than the Mustang. The other thing about the Corbins is you can lock them on your bike, whereas the Mustang can be stolen pretty easily.

But, still comfort wins ... hands down ... in my book.

Mike

Old 12-24-2011, 10:00 AM
VinnyM
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That's it, can't stand it anymore, gonna order up one of those flamed C&C solo's like on Northwoodz scooter............great looking baggers!

Last edited by VinnyM; 12-24-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:34 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon0807
I have the C&C "Forward" seat which sits you pretty close to stock. The regular solo seat is about 2" further back than the "forward". I only have about 800 miles on it so far and tho it's pretty stiff compared to stock it's actually quite comfortable. Furthest I've been was 200 miles round trip so I can't say how long rides are but I'm actually pretty pleased with it. And I highly recommend a backrest. I love that thing! Here's a couple of pics...please excuse the mess in the garage.

Without backrest:

With backrest:
Did you have to pay the extra $100 for the "Forward" version of the solo or is C&C offering that as a standard solo variation?

Looks like you removed the passenger floor boards. From a wide view it doesn't look like anything is missing.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:35 PM
coolerman69
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Northwoodz
This one is easy..... C&C all the way. They will even custom tailor it to your spefic needs if you like. I've tried them all!!!! Danny Gray is cool looking, but not comfy for the long haul. C&C is the absolute best of all worlds.

I have this same seat. The C&C with flames that is. Very comfortable, nice dish in it to keep you planted under hard acceleration. Puts you a little closer to the ground.

Quick Reply: Own a Road King with a solo seat? Chime in here....