Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inline Speaker Volume Control?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 10:01 AM
scottdoege
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Inline Speaker Volume Control?

I have an 07 Ultra and I am currently running a four channel amplifier to power a pair of Hertz speakers in my fairing on one channel and a pair of Hertz speakers in my lowers on the other channel. I have the gain(s) set so that my lower speakers are a little louder than my fairing speakers in order to balance the sound out.

What I'd like to do is to run both my fairing speakers and my lower speakers in parallel on one channel and use the second channel to power the speakers in my tour pak. In addition, I'd like to adjust the volume on my lower speakers a little louder than the fairing speakers.

Can I add an inline volume control to my fairing speakers to accomplish this and what exactly am I looking for? Could I just accomplish this with a variable resistor? This way I can "turn down" the volume to my fairing speakers in order to balance out my lower speakers.

Any help would be appreciated. I am trying to balance out the sound all the way around.... if possible using my four channel amp.

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited by scottdoege; 12-23-2011 at 11:34 AM.